AMD Names Two New India Heads
AMD has announced the appointments of two new country heads for its India operations. The company has named Pancham Kumar as country head for its consumer business and Prabhat Sharma as country head for AMD India’s enterprise business. Both the executives have joined AMD in 2010.
In his new role at AMD, Prabhat Sharma will be responsible for strategising and driving the enterprise business across India and ensuring consistent growth in this segment. In close to 5 years with AMD, he has been pivotal in winning many large public sector deals, the company said in its statement.
Pancham Kumar on the other hand, will be responsible for the strategy and direction of the consumer sales operations across India and SAARC.
“AMD has been monumental in my growth as a professional and I am thrilled to be a part of the leadership team here. I look forward to continue working with this great team, building new relationships and educating the industry on AMD’s enterprise offerings like the AMD Pro A-Series APUs with HSA features for ultra-responsive systems for the business workloads of today and tomorrow,” said Sharma.
Currently, much of AMD’s business is on the consumer side, but the company believes enterprise is a huge growth opportunity for AMD. The company is focusing on virtualisation and even graphics virtualisation and GPU virtualisation, for the enterprise. The company also has hardware architecture for virtualisation.
With its presence in data centres, gaming PCs it is now looking at enterprise desktop PCs and notebook computers. These are the areas where we are seeing a fair amount of traction. The company is also planning to announce a great pipeline of enterprise products and will make a make a public announcement regarding the enterprise portfolio some time this year.
- How Machine Learning Is Changing CIO's Role
- LAVA Appoints Sunil Raina As President, Business Head
- By 2025, Digital Transactions To Reach $1-Tn Annually: Report
- Diwali Brings Glitter To Consumer Electronics Sales
- Cloud Computing Driving Innovation For Next Generation
- Keysight Gears Up For 5G, High-Speed Datacenters In India
- Dilipkumar Khandelwal Is New Head Of SAP HANA Cloud
- DevOps Not A One-Size-Fits-All Strategy: CA Technologies
- Chatbots Will Change The Dynamics Of Recruitment
- Dell EMC Looks At $26 Bn India Market, Focuses On JAM