Amrit Feeds to automate its supply chain process
Amrit Feeds, a Kolkata-based poultry and dairy product company has remodeled its sales order, forecasting, costing and manufacturing processes through implementation of an integrated SAP solution. To automate its supply chain process across locations, the company chose IBM as its technology partner.
According to Arvind Murarka, Head IT, Amrit Feeds, the integrated information systems from IBM including the implementation of group-wide sales order forecasting, has helped Amrit Feeds cut product stock-out rates by 16 per cent, improved capacity utilization by 10 per cent, and cut idle time across all processing plants by 15 per cent. Further, the company was able to increase production throughput by 0.45 tons per hour.
Murarka informed that earlier the company was using separate manual process which proved to be very cumbersome and did not give the company the desired transparency and visibility in its entire supply chain. “We now have a platform that enables us to cut costs, increase production efficiency and ensure greater sales efficiency. The result is that we can identify and target new growth opportunities, increase our sales and market share to help us meet our ambitious expansion targets,” he said.
As a part of the contract, IBM performed a detailed assessment of the company’s existing supply chain processes, and helped install and configure SAP ERP with applications in areas such as finance, sales and distribution, materials management, production planning, quality management and HR and payroll.
“We are glad Amrit Feeds adopted this solution to help drive their accelerated growth. With our solution, the company has gained a highly efficient supply chain, increasing productivity and enabling a single, integrated view of operational data across all the operations,” commented Sachin Seth, Partner & Geographic Expansion Leader, IBM, India / South Asia.
With a turnover of Rs.25,000 million, Amrit Feeds has offices in Kolkata, Gurgaon, Pune, Coimbatore and Raipur.
- IoT Knowledge Gaps Exist In Consumer Product Industry
- How IoT Impacts The Supply Chain In Flex
- DHL eCommerce Selects FarEye To Boost Brand Image
- Data Literacy Is The Next Big Thing For Businesses: Qlik
- Urban Ladder Names Ajit Joshi As President, COO
- How IoT Can Help In Better Vaccination Efforts
- What It Takes To Manage Technical Workforce Supply Chain
- How Cloud Is Changing The Retail Game
- Blockchain Can Be A Powerful Tool For Indian Businesses
- IBM Watson Comes To iPhones; Why It Matters To The Enterprise