Amway India Deploys E-Commerce Platform
Amway India, a direct selling FMCG company, has announced its e-commerce foray with the launch of www.amway.in. Powered by Microsoft cluster of technologies with Microsoft Commerce Server, Microsoft SQL Server and Microsoft Biztalk Server - the e-commerce platform has been implemented by the Microsoft Enterprise Services division.
The portal is a strategic lever to help Amway grow its revenue and is aimed at leveraging the online medium to further expand the company’s existing distribution network, while also providing consumers in semi-urban areas direct access to Amway’s expanding product range.
Bill Pinckney, MD and CEO, Amway India said, “The company is poised for growth and expansion and needs to reach out to a wider consumer base. We believe our enhanced presence on the Internet will fuel this growth.”
Sanjay Malhotra, vice president (IT and e-business) said, “The new URL would provide our Amway Business Owners (ABOs) with a round-the-clock, single touch point making it possible for them to access information about their business and place orders any time. Amway India is now deliberating to empower its ABOs with online training as well. This would unfold in the next phase of this website by 2010″.
Designed and implemented by Microsoft, the extended features of the portal will help Amway business owners to automate the manual process of ordering goods and eliminate the process of physically traveling to pick orders from warehouses.
e-Commerce Goes Mainstream
- Travel, E-Com, Utility Lead To India's Digital Commerce Boom: Study
- New Security Flaw Grips Most Modern Laptops: F-Secure Researchers
- When Alibaba's Jack Ma Retires To Focus On Philanthropy, Education
- How Fanfare Personalizes Shopping Experience Via Blockchain
- Tata-Backed E-Commerce Firm Moglix On An Expansion Spree
- Tech Mahindra-Microsoft Use Blockchain To Curb Spam Calls
- Apollo Hospitals Using Microsoft's AI To Improve Cardiac Care
- How Is AI Transforming Industries and Society
- There's Potential To Unlock USD 50-Bn in India's Online Commerce
- Digital Spending In Retail To Grow By $118 Bn By 2022: Zinnov