Another Senior Executive of Infosys Quits!
As 2013 comes to a close, IT major Infosys witnessed another senior level exit from the company. Subrahmanyam Goparaju, senior VP and head of Infosys Labs, who was popularly called Subu by his colleagues and associates has quit the company. Goparaju also headed the Intellectual Property Cell (IP Cell) of the company and was recently inducted to the company’s executive council (EC). Goparaju, who has served the company for 25 years, was responsible for the R&D strategy and intellectual property management of the company. He was also responsible for all external research relationships with universities, research institutes and consortia. Although he has not declared the reasons for his quitting Infosys, the company has thanked Goparaju for his contribution and leadership, especially in building Infosys Labs, which he had set up in 2000.
From January 2014, Savio D’Souza, will manage Infosys Labs’ Service Differentiation Platforms group and Dr Anindya Sircar will manage the IP Cell, said a TOI report.
The company has witnessed a spate of resignations in senior management ranks over the past several months. After Basab Pradhan, Head of Global Sales at Infosys, announced his decision to quit Infosys in July this year, there has been a series of high profile exits. In August, Ashok Vemuri, who was heading the company’s operations in the Americas went on to join iGate as CEO, while Sudhir Chaturvedi, Infosys’ vice president and financial services head for the Americas, also resigned in the same month. Infosys’ Head, BPO sales, Australia Kartik Jayaraman and BPO head Latin America Humberto Andrade quit the company in September. In November, Infosys’ highest paid executive Stephen Pratt had also quit after a nine-year stint at the company.
- Infosys' Nitesh Banga Joins GlobalLogic As COO
- Vishal Sikka's AI Venture To Boost Human Creativity: Report
- Infosys CEO Sets A 3-year Transformation Strategy
- Digital Disruption Boosts Business Growth, Revenue: Study
- Infosys To Hire 6K Techies Over The Next Two Years
- Weekly Rewind: Top 10 Stories On CXOToday (Aug 21-25)
- Can Nandan Nilekani Bring Infosys Back On Track?
- Infosys Saga: Nandan Nilekani Appointed Chairman
- Infosys Saga: Leadership Lessons For Founder-CEOs
- Infosys Crisis: Can Founders Ever Walk Away From Their Companies?