APAC SMBs to Spend $153bn on IT, Telecom: Report
The report said IT and telecom spending by SMBs in China alone will constitute close to 30% of the total spending, while Chinese, Korean, and Indian SMBs together make up more than 50% of Asia Pacific spending.
As per the report, the Indian SMBs are expected to chalk up 8.5% higher growth than last year s spending, making India the fastest growing SMB ICT market in Asia Pacific for 2009.
Spending growth from bigger SMB markets in China, Korea and India, even if it is slower than last year, will easily compensate by the expected 2 % or more reduction in spending from the Australia and New Zealand SMBs, said Vu-Thanh Nguyen, analyst at AMI-Partners.
Telecom services and computing, like printers and printing supplies, PCs, and servers, are the two broad categories that will receive significant investment by Asia-Pacific SMBs, about 60% of their total IT and telecom spending.
Telecom services and computing are integral to businesses and despite the economic downturn, SMBs will still have to spend on basic needs and continue upgrading and replacing old PCs, and buying new systems such as tablet PCs to maintain and increase employee productivity, said Nguyen.
- Sanjay Brahmawar Joins Software AG As New CEO
- Lack of Skills Raising Demand for IT Security Services
- Access to Applications Based on a ‘Driving License’ Model
- NDMC Partners With Indus Tower To Install 55 Smart Poles
- Digital Firms In India Can Achieve USD 39 Bn Exports By 2022: Study
- Using Cloud To Empower SMB Innovation
- India Says 'Yes' To Net Neutrality; What Does It Mean
- Five Key Takeaways From Cisco India Summit 2018
- 5 Ways To Create A CX-First Culture For Executives
- Iris Global On Expansion Spree; Ventures Into India's Cyber Security Biz