APAR Consolidates Data with HP
Mumbai-based APAR Industries, selected HP’s solutions to consolidate and manage data effectively.
More than 80% of the company’s data was stored in multiple database servers and the company spent most of time in identifying vital data components.
However, as the company grew and its data management needs expanded, the individual databases had to be collated. It was necessary since information flow between departments was vital.
To meet its growing need, APAR deployed SAP ERP 6.0 on HP’s integrity servers with HP-UX 11i V2 platform. It also deployed HP’s StorageWorks EVA4000 SAN storage.
The clustering software, using HP’s Serviceguard extension for SAP, provided application-level failover protection. The backup of data was completed via an MSL 2024 tape library through TAR Back up software. The SAP ERP 6.0 modules implemented included modules for finance (FI), controlling (CO), material management (MM), products and planning (PP), and sSales and distribution (SD).
G. S. Rao, IT head of APAR said, “HP’s solution was deployed and the company observed negligible downtime. The entire implementation comes pre-connected and ready-to-use, so at the deployment location, the time taken to get it up and running is minor.”
The implementation led to a faster and more secure data cataloguing and retrieval for APAR Industries. Also, it resulted in ease and utilization of storage space, increased reliability of data storage due to virtual RAID. The company now benefits in terms of better data manageability.
- Brands Fail To Use Customer Data to Deliver Personalization: Study
- Delving Into The ABC Of Cyber Security
- Weekly Rewind: Top 10 Stories On CXOToday (Oct 9-13)
- HR Managers See CRM As An Effective Business Tool
- Tele-Health To Bolster Home Healthcare Services
- Myriad Possibilities Of The Application Economy
- There's No Stopping The IoT Growth; Here's Why
- Third Party Digital Cos Will Generate Over $31 Bn This Year
- Weekly Rewind: Top 10 Stories On CXOToday (Oct 2-6)
- SAP Leonardo To Help Indian Firms With Digital Transformation