Apple falls to No.6 in China
Apple Inc’s rank in China’s smartphone market, which is set to become the world’s largest this year, fell to No.6 in the third quarter as it faces tougher competition from Chinese brands, research firm IDC said on Thursday.
Apple’s third quarter ranking was two spots below its position in the second quarter in terms of China’s smartphone market share by shipments, IDC said. The U.S. giant’s market share in China was under 10 percent in the third quarter.
IDC’s release comes a day after Apple’s shares fell more than 6 percent, logging its biggest single-day loss in four years, as a result of stiffer competition in the mobile devices market.
- Apple Gains More Popularity In Emerging Markets
- Home-grown Vendors Drive India's Smartphone Sales
- Is Apple Looking At Cars, Medical Devices For Future Growth?
- No Room For Traditional Branding In Digital Era
- Smartphone Sales Finally Outstrip Basic Phones
- Apple May Cook Up A Hybrid Tablet!
- India, China to Fuel Growth in Mobile Advertising
- Sony To Sell PC Unit And Slash 5000 Jobs
- iPhone4 To Help Apple Regain Market Share In India
- A Personal Touch To Your Smartphone