Apple falls to No.6 in China
Apple Inc’s rank in China’s smartphone market, which is set to become the world’s largest this year, fell to No.6 in the third quarter as it faces tougher competition from Chinese brands, research firm IDC said on Thursday.
Apple’s third quarter ranking was two spots below its position in the second quarter in terms of China’s smartphone market share by shipments, IDC said. The U.S. giant’s market share in China was under 10 percent in the third quarter.
IDC’s release comes a day after Apple’s shares fell more than 6 percent, logging its biggest single-day loss in four years, as a result of stiffer competition in the mobile devices market.
- Apple To Finally Start Making iPhone SE In India
- Indian Phone Brands Losing Out To Chinese Counterparts
- After Apple, BlackBerry Joins ‘Make in India’ Initiative
- Google Overtakes Apple As Most Valuable Brand: Report
- Confirmed: Apple Will Start Making iPhones In India
- iPhone 7 Drives Apple To Record-Shattering sales
- Union Budget 2017: IT, E-Commerce Sector's Wishlist
- US Tech Leaders Denounce Trump's Immigration Order
- Smartphone Sales Fall 30.5 pc Due To Demonetization: IDC
- Microsoft Buys AI Startup To Oust Facebook, Google