Apple falls to No.6 in China
Apple Inc’s rank in China’s smartphone market, which is set to become the world’s largest this year, fell to No.6 in the third quarter as it faces tougher competition from Chinese brands, research firm IDC said on Thursday.
Apple’s third quarter ranking was two spots below its position in the second quarter in terms of China’s smartphone market share by shipments, IDC said. The U.S. giant’s market share in China was under 10 percent in the third quarter.
IDC’s release comes a day after Apple’s shares fell more than 6 percent, logging its biggest single-day loss in four years, as a result of stiffer competition in the mobile devices market.
- 4 Reasons Samsung’s Galaxy S8 May Woo Enterprise Users
- Can Samsung Grab Its Lost Grounds From Rivals In India?
- Self-Driving Cars Are Underway; Are You Ready?
- Breathe Techies, US Will Not Snatch All Your Jobs
- Micromax Forays Into Premium Smartphone Segment
- Apple To Make iPhones In India In 4-6 Weeks: Report
- Top Executive Reshuffle At Samsung Mobile In India: Report
- Can Samsung Pay Boost Mobile Payments In India?
- Apple's 9.7-inch iPad May Spur India's Tablet Sales
- Facebook To Roll Out Its Biggest B2B Campaign