Apple falls to No.6 in China
Apple Inc’s rank in China’s smartphone market, which is set to become the world’s largest this year, fell to No.6 in the third quarter as it faces tougher competition from Chinese brands, research firm IDC said on Thursday.
Apple’s third quarter ranking was two spots below its position in the second quarter in terms of China’s smartphone market share by shipments, IDC said. The U.S. giant’s market share in China was under 10 percent in the third quarter.
IDC’s release comes a day after Apple’s shares fell more than 6 percent, logging its biggest single-day loss in four years, as a result of stiffer competition in the mobile devices market.
- Why Nokia's Comeback To Phone Biz Will Be Tough
- Mobile Devices Drive Semicon Foundry Market
- Why Apple Can't Afford To Ignore India Anymore
- Hybrid Laptops Raise Hope In Slumping PC Market
- Customer Loyalty: That’s Where Samsung Beats Apple
- Will Apple Watch Propel Wearable Market ?
- How Apple-IBM Duo Is Redefining Enterprise Mobility
- Mobile App Should Stand Out To Woo The Enterprise
- Internet Revolution Still Bypasses Rural India
- Google Now Adds Bill Payment To GMail