Apple falls to No.6 in China
Apple Inc’s rank in China’s smartphone market, which is set to become the world’s largest this year, fell to No.6 in the third quarter as it faces tougher competition from Chinese brands, research firm IDC said on Thursday.
Apple’s third quarter ranking was two spots below its position in the second quarter in terms of China’s smartphone market share by shipments, IDC said. The U.S. giant’s market share in China was under 10 percent in the third quarter.
IDC’s release comes a day after Apple’s shares fell more than 6 percent, logging its biggest single-day loss in four years, as a result of stiffer competition in the mobile devices market.
- Is Innovation Unnatural For Companies?
- Wearables Are Reshaping Marketing Strategies
- What Makes Apple iPhone 6 So Popular?
- What Makes Google, Apple, FB Best Employers?
- Lenovo Finally Gets What It Was Craving For - Motorola
- Xiaomi Now World's Third largest Smartphone Brand
- What Makes Apple, Google, TCS Truly Innovative?
- Can Microsoft Gain By Killing Nokia
- Gartner Tips To Avert Hacks Like Apple iCloud's
- Microsoft Results Prove Nadella’s Mobile Strategy Is On Track