Apple falls to No.6 in China
Apple Inc’s rank in China’s smartphone market, which is set to become the world’s largest this year, fell to No.6 in the third quarter as it faces tougher competition from Chinese brands, research firm IDC said on Thursday.
Apple’s third quarter ranking was two spots below its position in the second quarter in terms of China’s smartphone market share by shipments, IDC said. The U.S. giant’s market share in China was under 10 percent in the third quarter.
IDC’s release comes a day after Apple’s shares fell more than 6 percent, logging its biggest single-day loss in four years, as a result of stiffer competition in the mobile devices market.
- Smartphone Growth To Slow Down This Year: Report
- Apple India Names New Sales Head As Sanjay Kaul Quits
- Mobile Operators To Cope With HD, Encryption Issues: Study
- Top 10 Tech Acquisitions In 2017 So Far
- Xiaomi To Make Fresh Investments, Set Up More Plants In India
- 4 Big Data Trends To Watch In 2018
- Flipkart Selects Smartron To Design, Engineer Its First Smartphone
- What Makes Apple So Bullish About India
- Top Nine Trends in ICT Sector: TrendForce
- How OnePlus, Apple Push Samsung To Third Slot