Apple falls to No.6 in China
Apple Inc’s rank in China’s smartphone market, which is set to become the world’s largest this year, fell to No.6 in the third quarter as it faces tougher competition from Chinese brands, research firm IDC said on Thursday.
Apple’s third quarter ranking was two spots below its position in the second quarter in terms of China’s smartphone market share by shipments, IDC said. The U.S. giant’s market share in China was under 10 percent in the third quarter.
IDC’s release comes a day after Apple’s shares fell more than 6 percent, logging its biggest single-day loss in four years, as a result of stiffer competition in the mobile devices market.
- Mobile Travel Apps To See Boom Time Ahead
- 8 Things To Know About iPhone On Its 8th Birthday
- Mobile Gaming To Reach $7 Bn By 2019
- Why Smartphone Users Are Addicted To Apps Like WhatsApp?
- Microsoft Brings Office To Android Phones Finally
- Micromax Expands Mobile Services With ixigoTie-Up
- Mobile, Social, A Threat To Online News Providers
- Cheaper iPhones? Foxconn Plans India Apple Plant
- Snowden's Revelation Proves Costly For IT Firms
- Apple Lacks Enterprise Flavor; Does It Really Care?