Apple falls to No.6 in China
Apple Inc’s rank in China’s smartphone market, which is set to become the world’s largest this year, fell to No.6 in the third quarter as it faces tougher competition from Chinese brands, research firm IDC said on Thursday.
Apple’s third quarter ranking was two spots below its position in the second quarter in terms of China’s smartphone market share by shipments, IDC said. The U.S. giant’s market share in China was under 10 percent in the third quarter.
IDC’s release comes a day after Apple’s shares fell more than 6 percent, logging its biggest single-day loss in four years, as a result of stiffer competition in the mobile devices market.
- ZTE to launch smartphones and tablets in India
- SAP launches collection of apps across devices
- BlackBerry and Flurry announce Flurry Analytics
- Mobile app to gain secure, instant access to corporate data
- Enterprise MCM subscribers to cross 110 million by 2018
- Tablet processor revenue reached $2.7 billion in 2012
- Worldwide tablet market posts strong first quarter sales
- More smartphones shipped in Q1 2013 than feature phones
- An iPad app for CXOs to manage tech investments
- DDoS attacks grow more than 200% YoY