Apple falls to No.6 in China
Apple Inc’s rank in China’s smartphone market, which is set to become the world’s largest this year, fell to No.6 in the third quarter as it faces tougher competition from Chinese brands, research firm IDC said on Thursday.
Apple’s third quarter ranking was two spots below its position in the second quarter in terms of China’s smartphone market share by shipments, IDC said. The U.S. giant’s market share in China was under 10 percent in the third quarter.
IDC’s release comes a day after Apple’s shares fell more than 6 percent, logging its biggest single-day loss in four years, as a result of stiffer competition in the mobile devices market.
- Samsung, Apple Top Semicon Use; Huawei Makes A Leap
- India To Get 213 Mn Mobile Internet Users By June
- NIIT Offers Big Data Training To IT Pros In China
- Is Xiaomi Giving Sleepless Nights To Samsung, Apple?
- Google's Larry Page Named Business Person Of The Year
- Global Tablet Sales To Slow Down This Year
- Samsung Oust Apple customer satisfaction
- Samsung Beats Apple Even In High-End Markets
- India's E-Waste May Surpass China's, Says Study
- By 2016, India To Become No.2 Smartphone Market