Apple falls to No.6 in China
Apple Inc’s rank in China’s smartphone market, which is set to become the world’s largest this year, fell to No.6 in the third quarter as it faces tougher competition from Chinese brands, research firm IDC said on Thursday.
Apple’s third quarter ranking was two spots below its position in the second quarter in terms of China’s smartphone market share by shipments, IDC said. The U.S. giant’s market share in China was under 10 percent in the third quarter.
IDC’s release comes a day after Apple’s shares fell more than 6 percent, logging its biggest single-day loss in four years, as a result of stiffer competition in the mobile devices market.
- Is Microsoft Paying The Price For Being Future-Unready?
- A Mobile App That Lets You Track Digital Behavior
- Global ICT Cos Chanting ‘Make In India’ Mantra
- Windows 10: What's Beyond The Free Upgrade
- 60% Rise In Global Mobile Data Traffic
- Why Investors Not Impressed With Apple Magic?
- Mobile Ad Dominates Google's Quarterly Profit
- How Apple Grabs Largest Pie In Smartphone Market
- BlackBerry Hires Cisco Exec For More Stability
- Four Ways China’s Loss Can Be India’s Gain