Apple falls to No.6 in China
Apple Inc’s rank in China’s smartphone market, which is set to become the world’s largest this year, fell to No.6 in the third quarter as it faces tougher competition from Chinese brands, research firm IDC said on Thursday.
Apple’s third quarter ranking was two spots below its position in the second quarter in terms of China’s smartphone market share by shipments, IDC said. The U.S. giant’s market share in China was under 10 percent in the third quarter.
IDC’s release comes a day after Apple’s shares fell more than 6 percent, logging its biggest single-day loss in four years, as a result of stiffer competition in the mobile devices market.
- BlackBerry: World's Ist Biz Phone Goes Out Of Business
- Feature Phones To Stay Strong In The Indian Market
- India Needn't Worry If Global Smartphone Market Dips
- Apple, Google May Clash With India Govt Over Phone Encryption
- Weekly Rewind: Top 10 Stories On CXOtoday [Sept 5-10]
- Apple iPhone 7: Can Smartphones Get Any Smarter?
- Apple Launches iPhone 7, New Apple Watch At Its Mega Event
- Now Your Smartphone Will Reveal Your Personality
- Asus India Plans To Capture 7% Market Share By 2018
- Is China The Next Tech Battleground For Foreign Companies?