Apple falls to No.6 in China
Apple Inc’s rank in China’s smartphone market, which is set to become the world’s largest this year, fell to No.6 in the third quarter as it faces tougher competition from Chinese brands, research firm IDC said on Thursday.
Apple’s third quarter ranking was two spots below its position in the second quarter in terms of China’s smartphone market share by shipments, IDC said. The U.S. giant’s market share in China was under 10 percent in the third quarter.
IDC’s release comes a day after Apple’s shares fell more than 6 percent, logging its biggest single-day loss in four years, as a result of stiffer competition in the mobile devices market.
- Emerging Vendors, Markets Drive Global Smartphone Sales
- BlackBerry Beefs Up Security With Secusmart Deal
- One-Third Of Apple’s Engineering Staff Is Indian: Report
- Is Google Working With Motorola On A New Phablet
- Apple's Q1 Profit Surges With Strong iPhone Demand
- Network Performance Shapes Smartphone Behavior
- LG To Woo India Market With Smartphones, Tablets, Wearables
- Asus Sees Huge Gain In India’s Smartphone Market
- Xiaomi Enters Indian Smartphone Market With A Bang
- IBM Befriends Apple To Woo Enterprise Users