Apple falls to No.6 in China
Apple Inc’s rank in China’s smartphone market, which is set to become the world’s largest this year, fell to No.6 in the third quarter as it faces tougher competition from Chinese brands, research firm IDC said on Thursday.
Apple’s third quarter ranking was two spots below its position in the second quarter in terms of China’s smartphone market share by shipments, IDC said. The U.S. giant’s market share in China was under 10 percent in the third quarter.
IDC’s release comes a day after Apple’s shares fell more than 6 percent, logging its biggest single-day loss in four years, as a result of stiffer competition in the mobile devices market.
- Samsung Is Durable, But Apple Has The Edge
- BB May Quit Handset Biz, Eyes Other Growth Pockets
- Apple’s Top Secrets Revealed, Courtesy Steve Job’s E-mail
- APEJ Healthcare Sector Upbeat On IT Spending
- Declining Smartphone Prices May Hit Samsung, Apple
- Sony Overtakes Apple; Becomes India's No.2 Smartphone Brand
- Microsoft Joins India's Micromax To Beat Rivals
- It's Boom Time For Online Food Business!
- Apple, Google, FB Are The Cleanest Ones
- Now, Texting While Walking May Be Safer with Apple