Apple falls to No.6 in China
Apple Inc’s rank in China’s smartphone market, which is set to become the world’s largest this year, fell to No.6 in the third quarter as it faces tougher competition from Chinese brands, research firm IDC said on Thursday.
Apple’s third quarter ranking was two spots below its position in the second quarter in terms of China’s smartphone market share by shipments, IDC said. The U.S. giant’s market share in China was under 10 percent in the third quarter.
IDC’s release comes a day after Apple’s shares fell more than 6 percent, logging its biggest single-day loss in four years, as a result of stiffer competition in the mobile devices market.
- Smartphone Sales Fall 30.5 pc Due To Demonetization: IDC
- Microsoft Buys AI Startup To Oust Facebook, Google
- Foxconn Sales Decline Due To iPhone Slump
- Get Screwed For Being A loyal User – The Apple Way!
- iPhone Turns 10; What's The Next Big Thing?
- It's Not Samsung; iPhones Now Most Trusted Mobile Phone Brand In India
- Apple Partner Wistron May Expand Bengaluru Plant
- Is It ‘Game Over’ for Freedom 251 Smartphones?
- Top 12 Strategic Tech Acquisitions In 2016
- 8 Tech Titans Betting Big On Artificial Intelligence