Apple falls to No.6 in China
Apple Inc’s rank in China’s smartphone market, which is set to become the world’s largest this year, fell to No.6 in the third quarter as it faces tougher competition from Chinese brands, research firm IDC said on Thursday.
Apple’s third quarter ranking was two spots below its position in the second quarter in terms of China’s smartphone market share by shipments, IDC said. The U.S. giant’s market share in China was under 10 percent in the third quarter.
IDC’s release comes a day after Apple’s shares fell more than 6 percent, logging its biggest single-day loss in four years, as a result of stiffer competition in the mobile devices market.
- Apple Shuns Steve Job's WebObjects Project
- Telecom Sector Attracts Over $4 Bn FDI: Minister
- Lenovo, Apple Emerge As Top Smartphone Vendors- Canalysis
- Dell-EMC Will Now Focus On Enterprise Business
- LeEco Le 1s Ranks Top In Online Sales
- How Lesser-Known Oppo Pushes Xiaomi, Lenovo Out Of Top 5
- Is India Apple’s Next Growth Market After China?
- Is The Era Of Robust Smartphone Growth Over?
- Beware Apple, Nokia Is Now In The Wearable Tech Game
- Apple Watch Completes One Year; Still Miles To Go