Apple falls to No.6 in China
Apple Inc’s rank in China’s smartphone market, which is set to become the world’s largest this year, fell to No.6 in the third quarter as it faces tougher competition from Chinese brands, research firm IDC said on Thursday.
Apple’s third quarter ranking was two spots below its position in the second quarter in terms of China’s smartphone market share by shipments, IDC said. The U.S. giant’s market share in China was under 10 percent in the third quarter.
IDC’s release comes a day after Apple’s shares fell more than 6 percent, logging its biggest single-day loss in four years, as a result of stiffer competition in the mobile devices market.
- Apple Leases Space in Bangalore, To Accelerate App Business
- Smartwatch Market Declines With Falling Apple Sales: IDC
- Reliance Jio’s 4G Fever To Continue For Smartphones
- Microsoft's 1-Bn Devices Goal For Windows 10 Will Take Longer
- LeEco Qualcomm Duo May Snap Up The Smartphone Market
- Samsung To Explore New Launches To Retain Market Lead
- Here Are 6 Cool Gadgets For The Business Traveller
- iOS 10 Could Mean The Death Of Older iPads
- India's Indus OS Gets Bigger Than iOS
- BlackBerry’s Iconic Classic Smartphone Makes Exit