Apple falls to No.6 in China
Apple Inc’s rank in China’s smartphone market, which is set to become the world’s largest this year, fell to No.6 in the third quarter as it faces tougher competition from Chinese brands, research firm IDC said on Thursday.
Apple’s third quarter ranking was two spots below its position in the second quarter in terms of China’s smartphone market share by shipments, IDC said. The U.S. giant’s market share in China was under 10 percent in the third quarter.
IDC’s release comes a day after Apple’s shares fell more than 6 percent, logging its biggest single-day loss in four years, as a result of stiffer competition in the mobile devices market.
- With 3.6Mn Shipment In Q2, Apple Watch Is Doing Fine
- Deploying Mobile Apps The Right Way
- The Big Lesson From Amazon’s Work-Life Balance
- Lenovo Now Leads India's 4G Smartphone Market
- Are There Enough Real Takers For Smartwatches?
- Apple, Intel Striving To Boost Workplace Diversity
- India Sells 26.5 Mn Smartphones In Q2, Courtesy E-tailing
- Can Nokia Rise Like A Phoenix In Phone Segment?
- IBM-Apple Duo Is Driving Mac In The Enterprise
- Can Apple Live Up To Its India Dream?