Apple falls to No.6 in China
Apple Inc’s rank in China’s smartphone market, which is set to become the world’s largest this year, fell to No.6 in the third quarter as it faces tougher competition from Chinese brands, research firm IDC said on Thursday.
Apple’s third quarter ranking was two spots below its position in the second quarter in terms of China’s smartphone market share by shipments, IDC said. The U.S. giant’s market share in China was under 10 percent in the third quarter.
IDC’s release comes a day after Apple’s shares fell more than 6 percent, logging its biggest single-day loss in four years, as a result of stiffer competition in the mobile devices market.
- E-Commerce To Generate 2.5 Lakh Jobs In 2016
- Apple Pay Locations Hit 2 Million Mark: Report
- How Tech Biggies Are Racing For Artificial Intelligence
- Gmail Gets Over One Billion Active Users
- Google Dethrones Apple As The Most Valuable Company
- Detachables, The Only Hope For Dying Tablet Market
- What Leads To Disruptive Innovation In Tech?
- Forget iPhones, It's Time For Apple's Image Makeover
- Apple India Sees Top-Level Exits Amid Growth Plans
- Gender Diversity In IT Taking A Center-Stage In 2016