Apple falls to No.6 in China
Apple Inc’s rank in China’s smartphone market, which is set to become the world’s largest this year, fell to No.6 in the third quarter as it faces tougher competition from Chinese brands, research firm IDC said on Thursday.
Apple’s third quarter ranking was two spots below its position in the second quarter in terms of China’s smartphone market share by shipments, IDC said. The U.S. giant’s market share in China was under 10 percent in the third quarter.
IDC’s release comes a day after Apple’s shares fell more than 6 percent, logging its biggest single-day loss in four years, as a result of stiffer competition in the mobile devices market.
- Cloud To Spur IT Spending In The Enterprise By 2017-End
- New App Launched To Know Everything About GST
- Nokia, Xiaomi Announce Multi-Year Patent And Equipment Deal
- AI, VPAs Fail to Drive PC, Smartphone Demand: Gartner
- Apple To Test 3-D Scanning For Its Next iPhone
- iPhone Price Slashed After GST Roll-Out
- Weekly Rewind: Top 10 Stories On CXOToday (Jun 26-30)
- iPhone@10: Here's How It Redefined Enterprise Mobility
- Apple CEO Looks To Gain Greater Access In India
- E-Retailers Clear Smartphone Inventories Via Pre-GST Sales