Apple falls to No.6 in China
Apple Inc’s rank in China’s smartphone market, which is set to become the world’s largest this year, fell to No.6 in the third quarter as it faces tougher competition from Chinese brands, research firm IDC said on Thursday.
Apple’s third quarter ranking was two spots below its position in the second quarter in terms of China’s smartphone market share by shipments, IDC said. The U.S. giant’s market share in China was under 10 percent in the third quarter.
IDC’s release comes a day after Apple’s shares fell more than 6 percent, logging its biggest single-day loss in four years, as a result of stiffer competition in the mobile devices market.
- How Android, iOS Control Global Smartphone Market
- First-Time Ever, Indian Smartphone Market Shrinks
- Wearables Set For Unstoppable Growth
- Can Revamped Google Wallet Dethrone Apple Pay?
- ZTE India Gets A New CEO
- Why The Apple Car Makes Sense, And Why It Doesn't
- Refurbished Smartphone Market To Boom
- 74 pc Rise In Mobile Data Traffic, Courtesy 3G
- Kolkata Wi-Fi Raises Clouds Of Concern
- What Makes A CEO Successful