Apple Names Deirdre O’Brien New VP of People
Apple has announced that Deirdre O’Brien, vice president of worldwide sales and operations, has been named Vice President of People. She will report to CEO Tim Cook.
A nearly 30-year Apple veteran, Deirdre will lead all HR functions including talent development, recruiting, benefits, compensation, and business support, as well as overseeing Apple University.
“As long as I’ve been at Apple, Deirdre has been the glue that bonds our operations, sales, marketing, and finance teams to deliver products to our customers,” said Cook. “Deirdre deeply understands Apple’s unique culture and that people join Apple to do the best work of their lives. She is a superb leader and I’m thrilled she will be bringing her experience and talent to this critical role.”
“I’m excited to begin this new chapter, supporting 120,000 incredibly talented people around the world who are motivated to do amazing things every day. It is a privilege to work among such a diverse and talented team, and to help them thrive here at Apple,” said O’Brien.
O’Brien earned a bachelor’s degree in Operations Management from Michigan State University and an MBA from San Jose State University. She will assume her new role this fall.
Apple brought out its machine learning blog last week which features research papers on AI. The launch by the tech giant is aimed at attracting more scientist. Apple’s AI director Russ Salakhutdinov expresses that the company will publish its machine learning research.
“Welcome to the Apple Machine Learning Journal. Here, you can read posts written by Apple engineers about their work using machine learning technologies to help build innovative products for millions of people around the world,” As per the company’s website.
Apple has contributed and launched some major open source projects such as WebKit, the browser engine behind Safari, and Swift.
- People Analytics Drives Strong Business Outcomes: Study
- 5 Steps CISOs Can Implement to Enhance Customer Experience
- 8 Out Of 10 Most Valuable Brands Are In Tech: Study
- Vishal Sikka's AI Venture To Boost Human Creativity: Report
- Tim Cook Wants A Bigger Slice Of Apple Pie From India
- BI in Insurance Industry: What Are The Possibilities?
- Smart Cities Can Save 125 Hrs For Each Citizen Every Year: Study
- Amazon Beats Apple, Google To Become World’s Most Valuable Brand
- Third Party Digital Cos Will Generate Over $31 Bn This Year
- How To Combat Online Harassment At The Workplace