Apple Star Engineer Chris Lattner Joins Google
Former Apple and Tesla engineer Chris Lattner, who created the Swift programming language, will join Google to work on artificial intelligence (AI). Lattner said that he will start at Google from next week, working on the company’s research unit, Google Brain.
Bloomberg reported that he will work on Google’s TensorFlow software language that was designed to simplify the programming steps for artificial intelligence. Lattner left Apple in January this year to join Elon Musk’s Tesla and work on the company’s autopilot technology. However, six months later, Lattner resigned, as he said the company wasn’t a “good fit” for him.
Now, with Google Brain - the company’s research unit - as his new adventure, it will be interesting to see how Lattner elevates TensorFlow. He worked with Apple to create Swift, a programming language that has been appreciated widely as modern and accessible to all programmers - be the novice or experienced.
In 2000, while he was a graduate student at University of Illinois, Urbana-Champaign, he along with professor Vikram Adve published LLVM, a programming framework used to develop compilers. He later used LLVM to develop the programming language Swift.
With AI fast becoming the new trend in smartphones, Lattner’s contribution would be worthy for Google, the news site said.
In the recent months, Google’s AI efforts have significantly gone up, with a recent report claiming that the tech giant and MIT research have developed a new artificial intelligence system that can automatically retouch images like a professional photographer in real time, eliminating the need to edit images after they are clicked with smartphones.
- Why 4 out of 10 Security Alerts Go Attended Daily In India?
- Research Reveals AI Is Creating More 'Human Friendly' Workplaces
- Businesses Should Educate Consumers On AI For Smarter Outcome: Study
- Humanizing User Experience through AI
- 6 Key Trends For Artificial Intelligence Powering The Investment Sector
- For AWS, Artificial Intelligence Is The Way Forward
- How Fanfare Personalizes Shopping Experience Via Blockchain
- How Is AI Transforming Industries and Society
- IBM, Fortinet Team Up On Cyber Threat Data sharing
- Tech Is The Future of Employee Onboarding, Says Study