Apple to Unveil New Mobile Computing Device
The mobile device will leverage Apple’s strengths in design, software and online delivery systems, challenge netbooks and fit the needs of a recessionary market, said TBR.
‘By controlling the software that can be loaded and the hardware that can be attached, Apple’s device will be simpler, easier to use and more reliable than a PC, and will excel at the functions most required by users,’ said Ezra Gottheil, analyst with Technology Business Review (TBR).
This device, which will be a closed system similar to the iPhone as opposed to a less-expensive Mac, TBR stated.
Apple will announce the new product at MacWorld in January 2009, to become available around mid-year. It will come in two sizes, one much like the MacBook Air and one similar to a netbook, with the smaller unit priced at $599.
- Predictions for RPA in Financial Services in 2018
- Which Sector Will Be The First To Go 100% Robot?
- Looking At The World Through A Digital Lens
- 4 Big Data Trends To Watch In 2018
- Customer-Facing Web, Mobile Apps Pose Highest Security Risk: Study
- Stratus Unveils Edge Computing Strategy
- Ericsson Forecasts 1 Billion 5G Subscriptions By 2023
- Multi-Cloud Environments Force CIOs To Rethink Cloud Strategies
- What Makes SHAREit So Bullish On India Market
- How Shalimar Paints Is Weaving Its Digital Story