Apple to Unveil New Mobile Computing Device
The mobile device will leverage Apple’s strengths in design, software and online delivery systems, challenge netbooks and fit the needs of a recessionary market, said TBR.
‘By controlling the software that can be loaded and the hardware that can be attached, Apple’s device will be simpler, easier to use and more reliable than a PC, and will excel at the functions most required by users,’ said Ezra Gottheil, analyst with Technology Business Review (TBR).
This device, which will be a closed system similar to the iPhone as opposed to a less-expensive Mac, TBR stated.
Apple will announce the new product at MacWorld in January 2009, to become available around mid-year. It will come in two sizes, one much like the MacBook Air and one similar to a netbook, with the smaller unit priced at $599.
- Telecom Consolidation: Tata Tele Merges With Airtel
- Cloud Computing Driving Innovation For Next Generation
- By 2020, Half Of Content Viewing Will Be Mobile: Study
- Perks@Croma: An Experiment In Buzz Marketing
- How Algorithms Are Revolutionizing Lending Business
- Intel’s Former CEO Paul Otellini Dies At 66
- Cognitive Computing: An Essential Science In HR
- What's Stopping Banks From Embracing Latest Technologies?
- Microsoft Gears Up For Quantum Computing Ecosystem
- Weekly Rewind: Top 10 Stories On CXO Today (Sep18-23)