Apple to Unveil New Mobile Computing Device
The mobile device will leverage Apple’s strengths in design, software and online delivery systems, challenge netbooks and fit the needs of a recessionary market, said TBR.
‘By controlling the software that can be loaded and the hardware that can be attached, Apple’s device will be simpler, easier to use and more reliable than a PC, and will excel at the functions most required by users,’ said Ezra Gottheil, analyst with Technology Business Review (TBR).
This device, which will be a closed system similar to the iPhone as opposed to a less-expensive Mac, TBR stated.
Apple will announce the new product at MacWorld in January 2009, to become available around mid-year. It will come in two sizes, one much like the MacBook Air and one similar to a netbook, with the smaller unit priced at $599.
- Unnecessary Security Cordons Make Fintech More Vulnerable
- E-Commerce Payment Market To Reach USD 135 Bn By 2023: Study
- How Fortis Improves Patient Care With Microsoft Azure
- Weekly Rewind: Top 10 Stories On CXOToday (Feb 5-9)
- What Lies Ahead For India's Fintech Sector?
- Google’s India Initiative Speak Volumes About India's Booming Internet Base
- Top CRM Features To Ensure Data Security
- Chinese Smartphones Move To Top 5 Global List, Courtesy India
- Cloud Computing Powering India’s Digital Economy
- Google India Rolls Out Campaign To Protect Data, Devices