Apple to Unveil New Mobile Computing Device
The mobile device will leverage Apple’s strengths in design, software and online delivery systems, challenge netbooks and fit the needs of a recessionary market, said TBR.
‘By controlling the software that can be loaded and the hardware that can be attached, Apple’s device will be simpler, easier to use and more reliable than a PC, and will excel at the functions most required by users,’ said Ezra Gottheil, analyst with Technology Business Review (TBR).
This device, which will be a closed system similar to the iPhone as opposed to a less-expensive Mac, TBR stated.
Apple will announce the new product at MacWorld in January 2009, to become available around mid-year. It will come in two sizes, one much like the MacBook Air and one similar to a netbook, with the smaller unit priced at $599.
- Travel, E-Com, Utility Lead To India's Digital Commerce Boom: Study
- New Security Flaw Grips Most Modern Laptops: F-Secure Researchers
- Cloud Environments Are Maturing, Yet Growing Complex
- Shaping The Future Of Education Through Technology
- How Do You Solve A Cloud Compliance Crisis
- Cloud Majors to Put More Emphasis on Edge Computing: Study
- India As A Mobile Manufacturing Hub Is Challenging: Expert
- How Financial Institutions Can Speed Up The Lending Processes
- How Augmented Reality Is Powering Mobile Commerce
- Global Device Shipments To See Flat Growth This Year: Gartner