Apple to Unveil New Mobile Computing Device
The mobile device will leverage Apple’s strengths in design, software and online delivery systems, challenge netbooks and fit the needs of a recessionary market, said TBR.
‘By controlling the software that can be loaded and the hardware that can be attached, Apple’s device will be simpler, easier to use and more reliable than a PC, and will excel at the functions most required by users,’ said Ezra Gottheil, analyst with Technology Business Review (TBR).
This device, which will be a closed system similar to the iPhone as opposed to a less-expensive Mac, TBR stated.
Apple will announce the new product at MacWorld in January 2009, to become available around mid-year. It will come in two sizes, one much like the MacBook Air and one similar to a netbook, with the smaller unit priced at $599.
- Edge Computing Drives Internet Of Thing's Growth: Study
- Indus OS To Become Default Platform For Internet Content: CTO
- India's Mobile Data Traffic To Grow 5x By 2023: Report
- MoneyOnMobile Introduces Bharat Bill Payment
- 8 Out Of 10 Most Valuable Brands Are In Tech: Study
- How AWS Is Driving India's Cloud Growth Story
- 5G Will Create USD 27-Bn Opportunity For India: Ericsson
- 10 Reasons That Make SMS A Powerful Marketing Tool
- 8 Out Of 10 Shopping Apps Have Security Flaws: Report
- Why Big Enterprises Are Leaving Cloud For Other Tools