Apple Watch May Finally Come To India, Next Week
Tech giant Apple will finally launch its smartwatch ‘Apple Watch’ in India on November 6. The smartwatch was launched in few countries including the US, France, Japan, and the UK in April this year and has been rolled out to other geographies in a phased manner.
While the Indian wearable market is relatively small, experts claim that a device like Apple Watch could give it the boost it requires. Apple will launch three versions of their new smartwatch, (Apple Watch Sport, Apple Watch and Apple Watch Edition) and two sizes (38 mm and 42 mm), the Apple Watch is priced between USD 349 (over Rs 23,000) to a whopping USD 17,000 (about Rs 11 lakh) for the gold model. Recently, Apple had partnered luxury brand Hermes for a new edition priced USD 1,100 (about Rs 71,300) onwards.
In a latest Accenture’s Digital Consumer Tech Survey, of more than 6,000 people in six countries, consumers in India ranked highest in their keen interest in buying wearable technologies, and nearly two thirds have shown the preference for smartwatches (76%) and Internet-enabled eyeglasses (74%). Apple’s Retail SVP Angela Ahrendts says that, “the Apple Watch has the potential to become a bestseller in India, after iPhones and iPads.”
Apple Watch, the first new product category to be launched under Tim Cook, who took over the reins of the company after Steve Jobs stepped down. will compete with Motorola’s Moto 360 second-generation and Samsung’s new Gear S2 watches which are expected to debut in India shortly.
Read more: Apple Unveils iPad Pro For Business Users
Though Apple enthusiasts in the country will finally be able to buy the smartwatch in India, reports suggest the Cupertino-based firm is already looking at introducing the second edition of the device by middle of next year, said PTI.
Apple Watch delivers up to 18-hour battery life and has digital face that can look like a traditional time piece. It allows users to make and receive calls, read e-mails, control music, manage Instagram photos and keep track of fitness using the smartwatch.
- Embracing Opportunities And Challenges Of Digital Transformation
- Digital Tech Creating Enhanced Experiences In The Air
- Global Digital Signature Market To See Huge Leap: Study
- Using Cloud, AI To Transform Banking Sector
- Coolpad Appoints Chief IP Officer; Focuses On India Market
- Adarsh Credit Goes Paperless With Adobe
- Amazon Beats Apple, Google To Become World’s Most Valuable Brand
- Why Enterprises Need To Automate Security Systems
- IT Leaders Struggling With Hyper-Converged Infrastructure: Study
- Gender Discrimination Continues To Haunt IT Industry