Application Grid to Facilitate Cloud Computing
With the IT needs of large organizations becoming increasingly critical,deployment of enterprise application infrastructure based on resource pooling and automated dynamic adjustment is getting acceptance.
Application grids are apparently appropriate for any industry with heavy IT requirements. These are scalable, and automatically keep resources moving from areas of least need to areas of most need.
In a recent study, Oracle said energy costs are critical, and suggested bringing key technologies together to facilitate heavy IT requirements.
In a conversation with CXOtoday, Shailender Kumar, VP (Oracle Fusion Middleware) of Oracle India said, "Large telecom companies and e-commerce players will appreciate application grid’s enablement of fast provisioning and subsequent capacity expansion. The financial services industries can leverage the low latency benefits of holding data in an in-memory data grid. Cloud computing providers can also greatly benefit from application grid."
According to Kumar, the beauty of an application grid approach is to improve overall IT performance, and require a smaller set of underlying physical resources, thus facilitate green IT. The key technologies that facilitate Oracle’s application grid include JRockit and Tuxedo.
Oracle’s JRockit family of products is made up of Java runtime solutions that include quick solution for standard Java. The company wants to generate interest from the telecom and BFSI sector.
Whether or not they reciprocate remains to be seen, but given its ability to shift resources between applications that experience peak loads at different times, organizations that offer online financial transactions and tax filing should certainly get a boost.
- Global Digital Signature Market To See Huge Leap: Study
- Using Cloud, AI To Transform Banking Sector
- Four Reasons For Indian Enterprises To Move To SIP
- Tips To Transform Your Business With Cloud Migration
- Google Eyes Indian Enterprises With Its Cloud Partnership Program
- Ozonetel Brings AI-Driven Contact Centers; Unveils Roadmap
- Fog Computing Market To Cross USD 700 Mn By 2024
- Is Artificial Intelligence Ready To Overhaul Healthcare Sector
- Cloud For IT Transformation: 5 Facts CIOs Should Know
- Datamato Bets On AI, IoT; Focuses On Newer Markets