Archies Powers Retail Outlets With New Solution
Archies — a name synonymous with greeting cards and gifts in the country — is currently deploying a retail management solution called RetailAM across all its self-owned locations in India.
Speaking to CXOtoday, Aakash Sharma, manager-information technology, Archies Ltd., said, The solution covers our Point of Sale needs, procurement, repackaging, distribution, stock and financial accounting. It also efficiently handles high volume retail data.
The solution resides on Oracle 8i, with Windows 2000 as the operating system. Developed by Delhi-based Brainsoft Solutions Pvt Ltd., RetailAM is being rolled out in a phased manner across the greeting card major’s self-owned retail outlets.
According to Sharma, in the current phase the company has finished implementation in 28 outlets out of a total of 44 locations. In phase II, which will commence from April next year because of the upcoming festive season, the rest of the locations will be covered.
Sharing some of the long-term IT initiatives, Sharma revealed that the company is definitely looking at purchasing a Business Intelligence solution in the near future, though there are no immediate plans. Similarly, they are eyeing a good CRM solution (branded as well as non-branded).
From the retail perspective, Sharma stated that customer satisfaction and smooth billing are undoubtedly the key objectives, and IT is fast emerging as a facilitator for meeting these goals.
Archies Ltd. is one of the country’s key players in the social expression industry with over 50% of the market share. Its retail network comprises of over 475 franchisees and managed outlets spread across 181 cities in India and six countries. The company is presently exporting to more than 15 countries.
- Importance of Availability During holiday Season
- Yes Bank Automates Field Sales Processes Using Kaizala
- India Sees Highest Rise in Online Shopping in Asia Pacific
- How Artificial Intelligence Is Changing Diwali Shopping
- How Top E-tailers Are Gearing Up For Festive Sale
- Diwali Brings Glitter To Consumer Electronics Sales
- Bank Branches Will Not Die Anytime Soon: Study
- Online Retailers Battle It Out For Independence Day
- How Product Designing Has Changed Online Shopping
- Telcos Must Explore New Revenue Streams With IoT: Study