Are Telecoms Powering Up for 3G ?
The cut-throat competitive telecom industry is speculative on a possible alliance between Indian’s Reliance Communication and China Mobile
The telecom vendor anxious over the depleting ARPU — as the revenue is predominately based on voice services. Partnerships between telecoms can reflect its preparedness for the 3G wireless auction - which is expected to happen soon.
Reliance Communications, needs cash to bid for the upcoming 3G wireless spectrum auction, and the talks are at a preliminary stage, said a source.
The industry recently witnessed the merger of Airtel with South Africa’s MTN.
Bharti-MTN: A Telecom Giant in the Making
- Tata Comm To Help CII With Digital Transformation
- Telecom Consolidation: Tata Tele Merges With Airtel
- TRAI's Decision Disappoint Airtel, Vodafone
- Google, Airtel Push UPI-Based Digital Payments Market
- Are RJio Competitors Barking Up The Wrong Tree?
- Telcos Must Explore New Revenue Streams With IoT: Study
- Airtel Says It Achieved 81% Reduction In CO2 Emissions
- GST Rollout: Here's What IT-Telecom Experts Say
- Reliance Jio Preferred As Secondary SIM, Finds Survey
- Telcos Leveraging IoT To Gain An Edge