Aricent Expands its LTE Solutions Portfolio
Telecommunications equipment manufacturers are faced with the difficult task of managing the significant R&D investment required for commercializing Long Term Evolution (LTE). To solve this challenge, Aricent has expanded its Long Term Evolution (LTE) solutions portfolio. The expanded portfolio includes new software and frameworks for devices and Evolved Packet Core (EPC) systems, and enhancements to Aricent’s existing IP backhaul offering.
These new capabilities, combined with Aricent’s existing eNodeB offering, provide Original Equipment Manufacturers (OEMs) and Device Manufactures with a complete solution for LTE user equipment, network access, IP backhaul, and EPC. From product strategy and design to product development and from testing to certification, Aricent offers a complete portfolio of services to help equipment manufacturers scale initial LTE implementations and meet the challenging requirements associated with commercial deployments.
Aricent’s LTE products now span the entire spectrum from user equipment to access networks to the core. These include:
- LTE User Equipment Software Suite: This is a complete software package for device and semi-conductor vendors including fully optimized Layer 1, Layer 2 protocol software with support for 100 Mbps downlink and 50 Mbps uplink data rates. The implementation ensures optimal power consumption, processor utilization and easy integration on multiple hardware platforms.
- eNodeB Protocol Stacks and Framework: Aricent’s existing eNodeB offering provides a turnkey solution for radio access, from pluggable stack software to a pre-integrated and optimized software frameworks for Radio Access equipment, that have been benchmarked on multiple industry leading hardware platforms. Aricent’s eNodeB Framework (eNBF) serves as a robust software platform for infrastructure providers planning to develop a complete LTE Release 8+ compliant eNodeB of varying densities (macro/pico/femto).
- IP Backhaul: This solution is based on its industry-proven ISS Metro platform which offers pre-integrated Layer 2 switching solutions and can be used to build LTE and IP backhaul devices such as IP RAN Aggregation devices, Internet Offload Gateways, and Metro Ethernet devices.
- Evolved Packet Core Protocol Stacks and Framework: Aricent offers EPC protocol stacks as well as frameworks for the System Architecture Evolution (SAE) Gateway and the Mobility Management Entity (MME) Gateway. These include support for charging, QoS, high availability, lawful interception, and bearer-related features.
- From smart to genius: will design define future gadgets?
- Zinnov releases Global R&D Service Providers Rating 2012
- ip.access announces dedicated R&D facility in Pune
- Frog Design and Aricent launch idea-to-market innovation services
- Force10 Networks inaugurates new innovation center in Chennai
- IT CEOs sow seeds for a greener tomorrow
- Aricent, NetLogic partner on LTE solutions
- Excelocity, Aricent partner on MSBG solution
- Nepal Telecom awards Aricent 3 year SI contract
- Aricent plans major hiring in India