Arista announces enhancements to its switching platform
Arista Networks today announced enhancements to its Arista 7500 modular switching platform that enables cloud networks to scale to over 100,000 servers and 1 million virtual machines while delivering a network architecture that can concurrently support cloud, Big Data, Storage, Web2.0, and virtualization.
With the Arista EOS software, users are able to achieve the level of automation necessary to build Software Defined Networks.
Some of the improvements of the Arista 7500E compared to the first generation Arista 7500 include three times the fabric bandwidth at 30 Terabits per second; three times the packet buffer at 144 Gigabyte per switch; three times the control plane performance; triple the power efficiency at less than 4 watts per 10GbE port; a 10/40/100GbE line card; larger L2 and L3 table sizes and wirespeed VXLAN capability on every port.
“The 7500E series enables customers to build the world’s largest switching infrastructures that handle the most demanding workloads with ease,” said Andreas Bechtolsheim, Arista’s Chairman and Chief Development Officer.
- How Machine Learning Is Changing CIO's Role
- Tips To Transform Your Business With Cloud Migration
- IT Leaders Struggling With Hyper-Converged Infrastructure: Study
- AI, Cybersecurity, Data Analytics To Rule Healthcare Sector
- India's Enterprise Software Spending To Outgrow China: Gartner
- Blockchain Can Radically Transform Digital Marketing
- Employee Training: A Security Priority For Financial CISOs
- Google Eyes Indian Enterprises With Its Cloud Partnership Program
- India Tops Data Literacy And Awareness In APAC: Report
- Ozonetel Brings AI-Driven Contact Centers; Unveils Roadmap