Arista announces enhancements to its switching platform
Arista Networks today announced enhancements to its Arista 7500 modular switching platform that enables cloud networks to scale to over 100,000 servers and 1 million virtual machines while delivering a network architecture that can concurrently support cloud, Big Data, Storage, Web2.0, and virtualization.
With the Arista EOS software, users are able to achieve the level of automation necessary to build Software Defined Networks.
Some of the improvements of the Arista 7500E compared to the first generation Arista 7500 include three times the fabric bandwidth at 30 Terabits per second; three times the packet buffer at 144 Gigabyte per switch; three times the control plane performance; triple the power efficiency at less than 4 watts per 10GbE port; a 10/40/100GbE line card; larger L2 and L3 table sizes and wirespeed VXLAN capability on every port.
“The 7500E series enables customers to build the world’s largest switching infrastructures that handle the most demanding workloads with ease,” said Andreas Bechtolsheim, Arista’s Chairman and Chief Development Officer.
- Simeio Gains Talent Insight, Improves Retention With Oracle
- Know Before Getting Your Cloud Architecture In Shape
- CISOs Should Help In Building Digital Trust With Consumers, Says Study
- How AI-ML Are Fueling Video Editing Innovations
- Battling Cyber Risks With Intelligent Automation
- Smart Cities And Iot To Offer Big Business In India
- Demand For Data Scientists In India Up By Over 400 pc: Study
- Why Web-scale Is The Future Of Data Center
- GST Spurs Sales Of Accounting Software [Infographic]
- Using AI, Big Data To Design The Right Curriculum