Array Includes Pre-paid Licence in DesktopDirect
Array Networks, a secure application delivery solutions provider, has introduced Array Business Continuity (ABC) pre-paid licenses in DesktopDirect — Array’s desktop remote access solution.
DesktopDirect allows office users to work remotely as if they were at their desktop. With these pre-paid licenses, SMBs and enterprises can be prepared for business disruptions. The licenses are said to be much lower than business continuity licenses.
"In designing a business continuity plan, companies face tough decisions in choosing the level of preparedness compared with costs, especially on a smaller budget," said Sunil Cherian, vice president of product marketing, Array Networks. He went to explain that companies do not include remote access into their budgets because of the costs involved, effectively leaving them vulnerable to a loss in productivity and revenue in event of a disruption.
The built-in pre-paid license approach is being offered as a middle ground for businesses. The pre-paid ABC license enables desktop remote access for ten non-consecutive days of emergency use. When used within a pre-defined normal usage threshold, the license allows concurrent users to access DesktopDirect without depleting multiple days of pre-paid licenses. This enables companies to maximise each daily license. This is said to reduce costs by avoiding new license purchases sooner than necessary. According to Array Networks, these ten non-consecutive days may even stretch over years.
Desktop remote access is provided for employees through DesktopDirect’s premise-based architecture. It keeps office data secure through authentication, network security and flexible administrative control. DesktopDirect is available on any Array SPX Universal Access Controller.
- Here's Why The Voice-First Strategy Will Rule
- India Says 'Yes' To Net Neutrality; What Does It Mean
- Smart Cities And Iot To Offer Big Business In India
- Why Web-scale Is The Future Of Data Center
- GST Spurs Sales Of Accounting Software [Infographic]
- Smart Devices To Add Up To $685 Bn to Manufacturing Revenue By 2020: Study
- Ensuring A Secured Blockchain Ecosystem
- Here's What Businesses Without HTTPS Should Know This July
- 10 Questions To Ask Your Cloud Vendor Encryption Solutions
- 5 Ways To Create A CX-First Culture For Executives