Array Includes Pre-paid Licence in DesktopDirect
Array Networks, a secure application delivery solutions provider, has introduced Array Business Continuity (ABC) pre-paid licenses in DesktopDirect — Array’s desktop remote access solution.
DesktopDirect allows office users to work remotely as if they were at their desktop. With these pre-paid licenses, SMBs and enterprises can be prepared for business disruptions. The licenses are said to be much lower than business continuity licenses.
"In designing a business continuity plan, companies face tough decisions in choosing the level of preparedness compared with costs, especially on a smaller budget," said Sunil Cherian, vice president of product marketing, Array Networks. He went to explain that companies do not include remote access into their budgets because of the costs involved, effectively leaving them vulnerable to a loss in productivity and revenue in event of a disruption.
The built-in pre-paid license approach is being offered as a middle ground for businesses. The pre-paid ABC license enables desktop remote access for ten non-consecutive days of emergency use. When used within a pre-defined normal usage threshold, the license allows concurrent users to access DesktopDirect without depleting multiple days of pre-paid licenses. This enables companies to maximise each daily license. This is said to reduce costs by avoiding new license purchases sooner than necessary. According to Array Networks, these ten non-consecutive days may even stretch over years.
Desktop remote access is provided for employees through DesktopDirect’s premise-based architecture. It keeps office data secure through authentication, network security and flexible administrative control. DesktopDirect is available on any Array SPX Universal Access Controller.
- Insurance Cos Lack Strategy To Leverage IoT Data: Study
- Embracing Opportunities And Challenges Of Digital Transformation
- Four Reasons For Indian Enterprises To Move To SIP
- How Machine Learning Is Changing CIO's Role
- Tips To Transform Your Business With Cloud Migration
- Why Enterprises Need To Automate Security Systems
- LAVA Appoints Sunil Raina As President, Business Head
- What Digital Transformation Means To Global Businesses
- India's Enterprise Software Spending To Outgrow China: Gartner
- Employee Training: A Security Priority For Financial CISOs