Ascent Consulting sets up new data center
Ascent Consulting Services, a pan-Indian technology and outsourcing company, has deployed Fortinet’s FortiGate-One security software in its new data center to strengthen its global security infrastructure. The outsourcing company has combined Fortinet and the HP ProCurve to be its networking and security solution for its new data center.
According to Ascent Consulting, the company had conducted an analysis of various solutions in the market. These included solutions from Cisco, Fortinet, Juniper, Nortel and SonicWall. The deployment of Fortinet’s FortiGate-One appliance on the HP ProCurve platform took only one week and was deployed by FutureBizTech, Ascent’s IT partner.
Ascent has set up the new data center to keep up with its growing business. The data center stores confidential information belonging to Ascent’s clients and to serve as the network security core center for the company’s corporate network. The security infrastructure will provide functions such as intrusion prevention, Web content filtering, anti-spam, desktop security and application control.
"To cope with the increase in data traffic in terms of volume and intensity, we needed to upgrade our security infrastructure and the combined Fortinet FortiGate-One solution deployed on a HP ProCurve chassis-based switch appeared to be the best option for high-level protection in a rapidly growing network environment," explained Narayana Bhat P., IT manager for Ascent.
- Here Are The 10 Best Companies For Women In India
- Delving Into The ABC Of Cyber Security
- Large-Scale IoT Projects Doubled In Last One Year: Study
- Robosoft Technologies Appoints Ravi Teja As New CEO
- Weekly Rewind: Top 10 Stories On CXOToday (Oct 9-13)
- Why Companies Need To Invest In Chief AI Officer
- Tele-Health To Bolster Home Healthcare Services
- Myriad Possibilities Of The Application Economy
- There's No Stopping The IoT Growth; Here's Why
- Third Party Digital Cos Will Generate Over $31 Bn This Year