Asian Firms Improving Information Security
The State of Information Security Survey 2008 found that while Asian companies have made great progress, efforts to improve information security in Europe ‘appear to have stalled.’
Consulting firm PricewaterhouseCoopers and CIO and CSO magazines polled 7,000 IT executives from 119 countries between March and June on the challenges of protecting corporate information assets.
The survey noted that ‘boosted primarily by the widespread progress made by companies in India, Asian companies are now on par and many surpass North American companies in establishing leading practices in security.’
“Companies in India have reported strong, consistent, double-digit gains across virtually every security domain and have taken a strategic approach to security,” said Mark Lobel of PricewaterhouseCoopers. “Security efforts of Indian organizations have surpassed those of companies in the United States and we expect this trend to continue.”
The survey also found that ‘South American security and privacy practices are advancing so quickly, they are likely to surpass Europe’s within two years.’ According to the survey, more organizations than ever are encrypting databases (55 %), laptops (50 %), backup tapes (47 %), and other media.
59% of respondents said they were implementing an ‘overall information security strategy’, which includes the increased use of intrusion detection software, firewalls, and the disposal of outdated computer hardware. 74% of respondents said information security spending will either increase or stay the same over the next 12 months.
Value of Information Security Being Recognized
- Feature Phones Now One Of Best Diwali Gifts
- Password Protected Wi-Fi Is Also Prone To Hacks: Study
- The 10 Best Companies For Women In India
- Delving Into The ABC Of Cyber Security
- Large-Scale IoT Projects Doubled In Last One Year: Study
- Weekly Rewind: Top 10 Stories On CXOToday (Oct 9-13)
- There's No Stopping The IoT Growth; Here's Why
- Weekly Rewind: Top 10 Stories On CXOToday (Oct 2-6)
- Gartner: Top 10 Strategic Tech Trends For 2018
- Are You Choosing The Best Software For Your Business?