Asian Firms Improving Information Security
The State of Information Security Survey 2008 found that while Asian companies have made great progress, efforts to improve information security in Europe ‘appear to have stalled.’
Consulting firm PricewaterhouseCoopers and CIO and CSO magazines polled 7,000 IT executives from 119 countries between March and June on the challenges of protecting corporate information assets.
The survey noted that ‘boosted primarily by the widespread progress made by companies in India, Asian companies are now on par and many surpass North American companies in establishing leading practices in security.’
“Companies in India have reported strong, consistent, double-digit gains across virtually every security domain and have taken a strategic approach to security,” said Mark Lobel of PricewaterhouseCoopers. “Security efforts of Indian organizations have surpassed those of companies in the United States and we expect this trend to continue.”
The survey also found that ‘South American security and privacy practices are advancing so quickly, they are likely to surpass Europe’s within two years.’ According to the survey, more organizations than ever are encrypting databases (55 %), laptops (50 %), backup tapes (47 %), and other media.
59% of respondents said they were implementing an ‘overall information security strategy’, which includes the increased use of intrusion detection software, firewalls, and the disposal of outdated computer hardware. 74% of respondents said information security spending will either increase or stay the same over the next 12 months.
Value of Information Security Being Recognized
- Skybox Finds Cryptomining Malware Now Dominates Threat landscape
- Know Before Getting Your Cloud Architecture In Shape
- CISOs Should Help In Building Digital Trust With Consumers, Says Study
- Battling Cyber Risks With Intelligent Automation
- Ensuring A Secured Blockchain Ecosystem
- Cyber GCCs In India At The Cusp Of Transformation
- Five Key Takeaways From Cisco India Summit 2018
- Have We Learnt A Lesson From Facebook-Cambridge Analytica Crisis?
- Firms Unable To Cope With Security Skill Gap, Vendor Sprawl: Study
- Why VPN Services Are Getting More And More Popular