Asian Paints implements Informatica PowerCenter
Asian Paints has cut its costing model from 24 hours to 20 minutes after the implementation of Informatica’s data management solution.
Informatica PowerCenter delivers a view of costing data across multiple disparate systems to power critical pricing and marketing decisions, cost saving measures, inventory valuations, demand forecasts and income projections. The new product costing system is the latest part of a larger deployment of the Informatica platform at Asian Paints, which has standardized on Informatica for data integration enterprise-wide.
“The new product costing system has transformed our operational efficiency,” said Maulik Desai, senior manager (system development) of Asian Paints. “With the Informatica platform, Asian Paints has been able to achieve a degree of flexibility we used to dream of, greatly increasing our pricing accuracy. For example, if there is a change in the price of one of the raw materials, we can immediately see its impact on the selling price of the paint. We can play around with an infinite number of ‘what if?’ scenarios.”
- Battling Cyber Risks With Intelligent Automation
- Smart Cities And Iot To Offer Big Business In India
- Demand For Data Scientists In India Up By Over 400 pc: Study
- Why Web-scale Is The Future Of Data Center
- Using AI, Big Data To Design The Right Curriculum
- How Emerging Tech Is Redefining India's Real Estate
- Have We Learnt A Lesson From Facebook-Cambridge Analytica Crisis?
- How To Maximize Space In Your Data Center
- E-Waste Management Can Redefine Urban Mining
- Edge Computing Drives Internet Of Thing's Growth: Study