Asian Paints implements Informatica PowerCenter
Asian Paints has cut its costing model from 24 hours to 20 minutes after the implementation of Informatica’s data management solution.
Informatica PowerCenter delivers a view of costing data across multiple disparate systems to power critical pricing and marketing decisions, cost saving measures, inventory valuations, demand forecasts and income projections. The new product costing system is the latest part of a larger deployment of the Informatica platform at Asian Paints, which has standardized on Informatica for data integration enterprise-wide.
“The new product costing system has transformed our operational efficiency,” said Maulik Desai, senior manager (system development) of Asian Paints. “With the Informatica platform, Asian Paints has been able to achieve a degree of flexibility we used to dream of, greatly increasing our pricing accuracy. For example, if there is a change in the price of one of the raw materials, we can immediately see its impact on the selling price of the paint. We can play around with an infinite number of ‘what if?’ scenarios.”
- Ten Trends Redefining Enterprise IT In 2018
- 5 Ways AI Can Live Up To Its Promise In 2018
- Why Cloud Adopters Need Visibility Into Their Network
- Enterprise Networks: Things To Focus On In 2018
- Trends In Information Management: An India Perspective
- Uber Data Breach: Accountability, Corporate Ethics In Question
- 4 Big Data Trends To Watch In 2018
- Stratus Unveils Edge Computing Strategy
- 70% Consumers Stop Following A Business After Data Breach: Study
- Big Data Gaining Grounds In Precision Medicine