Asians Spend More In Apps Than Rest Of The World: Research
The in-app purchase seems to be becoming a big craze among the Asian users. According to recent survey by AppsFlyer, Asians spend 40 percent more on in-app purchases as compared to rest of the regions in the world, considering all app categories are taken into account.
The report reveals that North Americans come out tops when it comes to spending high amounts on shopping apps. Also iOS users spend almost 2.5 times as much as Android users ie. $1.08 against $0.43, when it comes to monthly in-app purchases per user, per app.
Also Read: The App Boom Hits A Downward Spiral
Not only do they spend more, but iOS users are about 50 percent more likely to spend any money in apps than Android users, the report states.
Further, the study finds that only 5.2 percent of users spend money on in-app purchases, but that the average paying user spends $9.60 in monthly transactions per app with purchase activity — more than 20 times the average spend of all users combined.
Also Read: Some Interesting Facts On Mobile App Usage
“As app developers lay out their development, marketing and engagement strategies, it is critical for them to understand the differences in in-app spending behaviors across different platforms, geographic regions and app categories,” said Ran Avrahamy, AppsFlyer’s VP of Marketing.
“Our data shows that in-app spending continues to present a significant opportunity for app publishers and marketers. While only a small portion of app users actually spend money on in-app purchases, app developers and marketers can capitalize by ensuring they always offer an optimal in-app experience, and by constantly measuring and optimizing their activities in order to build a strong base of loyal, valuable users”, he added.
- Insurance Cos Lack Strategy To Leverage IoT Data: Study
- Guide to Writing an Effective Case Study
- Smart Cities Can Save 125 Hrs For Each Citizen Every Year: Study
- Global Digital Signature Market To See Huge Leap: Study
- IT Leaders Struggling With Hyper-Converged Infrastructure: Study
- LAVA Appoints Sunil Raina As President, Business Head
- Ransomware Against IoT, Mobile On The Rise: SonicWall
- Computex 2018, Smart Asia Trade Expo To Focus On AI, IoT
- Women In Cybersecurity Face Harsh Reality: Study
- E-Tailers Should Embrace “Mobile-First” Mindset To Succeed