Aurobindo Pharma Chooses Oracle 11i Over SAP
Aurobindo Pharma Ltd., one of the top five pharmaceutical companies in India has successfully deployed Oracle E-Business Suite 11i across all its locations. Although the pharmaceutical giant did evaluate SAP, the flexibility offered by Oracle turned the decision in its favor.
In a conversation with CXOtoday, Chitti Babu, Chief Information Officer, Aurobindo Pharma, said, The solution has been deployed across all key functions right from finance, distribution to addressing manufacturing needs of the company.
Speaking briefly about the benefits of the ERP, Babu observed, The solution not only provides up-to-date transaction information, but also ensures smooth information flow between the plants and locations of the company.
According to Babu, the pharma major did evaluate solutions such as SAP, but what tilted the tide in favour of Oracle was the flexibility factor. Says Babu, Oracle 11i was chosen due to the flexibility and availability of technical resources.
The centralized solution has been deployed across 180 users spread over in India. In terms of ROI, Babu maintained that it was too early to compute; however, he expects to recover the investment within a year.
The implementation was carried out in a phased manner with the finance, purchasing, sales and related quality and stores activities being carried out in the first phase and process manufacturing, quality control, plant maintenance and projects in the second phase.
The Hyderabad-based company is a multi-product, multi-technology, transnational company, whose products are available in India as well as 70 other countries. Apart from being a leader in semi synthetic penicillins and cephalosporins, it also has a presence in fast growing life style disease drugs, anti infective drugs and key specialty therapeutics.
- Blockchain To Shape Next-Gen Supply Chains In Healthcare: GlobalData
- The Digital Waves Hit India's Pharma Industry
- E-commerce Offering Easy Access To Pharma Drugs
- 4 Digital Trends Reshaping Pharma Industry
- Pharma Contributes 75% Of India’s MPO Market
- CIO-CMO Gap In Pharma Deters Digital Growth
- How 3D Printing Is Transforming Healthcare
- Infosys' Cloud-based Solution For Speedy Clinical Trials
- Cloud Platform To Help Pharma Co Accelerate Growth
- New quality management solution for pharma companies