Autodesk's CEO Carl Bass Steps Down
Software provider, Autodesk Inc. has announced that Carl Bass has decided to step down as president and chief executive officer, effective February 8. The company’s board has instituted a CEO search to consider candidates inside and outside Autodesk and has formed an Interim Office of the Chief Executive to oversee the company’s routine operations. Bass will remain on board as a special advisor to the company in support of the transition to a new CEO. He will continue to be on the Autodesk board of directors and will be nominated for re-election at the 2017 annual meeting of shareholders. Crawford W. Beveridge will remain non-executive chairman of the board.
“I have worked with Carl through his tenure as CEO of Autodesk, and have always valued his focus and vision, as well as his rare combination of business and technical expertise,” said Beveridge. Under his direction, Autodesk has transformed from a 2D design company into the worldwide leader of 3D design and engineering software.
“Our cloud and subscription business is well underway. The company’s strategy is working, the management team is strong and it’s the right time for me to step aside. Autodesk is poised for even greater success as it enters this next phase,” commented Bass.
Autodesk also announced a new agreement between Autodesk and Sachem Head Capital Management LP (’Sachem Head’). The agreement calls for two of Sachem Head’s 2016 director nominees, Scott Ferguson and Jeff Clarke, to resign from the board of directors. In addition, Sachem Head Capital has agreed to continue until June 2018 their earlier standstill and voting.
To ensure Autodesk’s continued focus on business performance, the board has formed an Interim Office of the Chief Executive to oversee the company’s day-to-day operations during the transition. The Interim Office of the Chief Executive will be headed by Amar Hanspal, senior vice president and chief product officer, and Andrew Anagnost, senior vice president and chief marketing officer as interim co-chief executive officers.
- HR Managers See CRM As An Effective Business Tool
- Myriad Possibilities Of The Application Economy
- Third Party Digital Cos Will Generate Over $31 Bn This Year
- What's Stopping Banks From Embracing Latest Technologies?
- Blockchain, Distributed Ledgers Will Take Time To Mature: Gartner
- Apple-Backed Group To Buy Toshiba Chip Biz For USD 18 Bn
- NetApp Appoints Senior Execs To Strengthen India Business
- Dilipkumar Khandelwal Is New Head Of SAP HANA Cloud
- DevOps Not A One-Size-Fits-All Strategy: CA Technologies
- Capital Float Digitally Removes Credit Gap