Autodesk Unveils Design and Innovation Center At DSU
Dayanand Sagar University (DSU) has partnered with Autodesk to launch a Design and Innovation center within its campus at Hosur Road in Bangalore. The 4,000 sq. ft center can accommodate 50-75 people and is equipped with highend workstations and design software for the manufacturing AEC and entertainment industry.
Aimed at fuelling the synergy between Skills and Design Thinking, the center houses a maker space with CNC machine, laser cutting machine, 3D-printers, hand tools and other mechanical equipment, available to students, makers, entrepreneurs and design/ engineering professionals. DSU has also announced the introduction of Autodesk’s Fusion 360 in its post-graduation program and a product design course based on Fusion 360 for 120 undergraduate students beginning from July 2016.
DSU and Autodesk, hosted a three day design hackathon – “Designathon”, at the newly unveiled Design and Innovation Center, which was attended by 50 students from 40 Design & Engineering colleges. The students showcased 40 human centered design projects around transportation, medical, agriculture, construction etc.
The center will be focused around reskilling and up-skilling existing and future workforce from these industries. It will also provide an innovation platform fuelling startups, by providing access to leading design technology, funding and an environment to encourage innovation with leading industry and academia support. Autodesk is looking forward to scale up the Design and Innovation Center at DSU in the future and also has plans to launch similar centers in other parts of the country as well.
Fusion 360 is available for free for students, makers, startups and SMBs (with annual revenues less than INR 1 Cr). It is a new approach to CAD, introducing a product innovation platform that enables engineers to move through the modeling process all the way to 3D printing and CNC without having to switch between applications.
- Cloud Computing Driving Innovation For Next Generation
- CXOs Are Capitalizing On APIs To Boost Business: Study
- Govts Exploring Blockchain To Boost Fintech Innovation
- Connected Cars, Beyond The Paradigm
- IaaS Helps Indian Cos Boost, Performance, Innovation
- How Digital Is Transforming Child Healthcare
- Are You A Cost Center Or A Profit Center?
- Escaping Automation-Led Redundancy In The Indian IT Industry
- Unlocking The Business Value Of Internet of Things [Infographic]
- How Computer Science Can Drive STEM Retention