Avail of UTM Services in the Cloud
Tata Communications has announced it will offer customers virtual UTM (vUTM) which integrates critical security functions including firewall, intrusion detection and prevention, anti-virus, anti-spam, and Web content filtering. vUTM will be provided as part of its Managed Security Services portfolio.
Tata Communications has partnered with Fortinet as the technology supplier for its vUTM service. According to Tata, vUTM delivers the features of a fully integrated multi-threat security UTM device in the network ‘cloud’.
“Businesses that depend on the Internet for operations are struggling to balance the need to adequately address security issues with budget realities,” said Adam Rice, VP (global managed security services) for Tata Communications. “Our vUTM service changes the cost equation by eliminating the cost of customer premise equipment and providing monitoring and management services to enhance the security value beyond what many enterprises are accustomed to.”
The company says vUTM is targeted at customers who require a secure Internet gateway with a preference for a hosted security appliance instead of a self-procured and locally installed firewall in their premises. The physical hardware based on Fortinet security technology is logically partitioned into multiple virtual domains with each domain serving as a distinct firewall with unique policies for that respective customer.
Initially, Tata Communications plans to offer the service only in India to existing IAS (internet access services) formerly ILL customers. This service will be extended to managed hosting and co-location customers in India as well as other regions in the near future.
New Appliances Target Secure Remote Connectivity
- Autonomous Database: Next Big Thing In The Indian Market
- Tata Comm To Help CII With Digital Transformation
- HCI Makes Software-Defined Data Center Simple
- Best testing practices for successful Salesforce implementation in your organization
- Semiconductors in Data Storage
- IT, Digital Firms Comprise LinkedIn's Best Cos For 2018
- What’s Driving The Shift To Cryptocurrency Mining Malware?
- Four Reasons For Indian Enterprises To Move To SIP
- Ransomware Against IoT, Mobile On The Rise: SonicWall
- By 2025, Digital Transactions To Reach $1-Tn Annually: Report