Avail of UTM Services in the Cloud
Tata Communications has announced it will offer customers virtual UTM (vUTM) which integrates critical security functions including firewall, intrusion detection and prevention, anti-virus, anti-spam, and Web content filtering. vUTM will be provided as part of its Managed Security Services portfolio.
Tata Communications has partnered with Fortinet as the technology supplier for its vUTM service. According to Tata, vUTM delivers the features of a fully integrated multi-threat security UTM device in the network ‘cloud’.
“Businesses that depend on the Internet for operations are struggling to balance the need to adequately address security issues with budget realities,” said Adam Rice, VP (global managed security services) for Tata Communications. “Our vUTM service changes the cost equation by eliminating the cost of customer premise equipment and providing monitoring and management services to enhance the security value beyond what many enterprises are accustomed to.”
The company says vUTM is targeted at customers who require a secure Internet gateway with a preference for a hosted security appliance instead of a self-procured and locally installed firewall in their premises. The physical hardware based on Fortinet security technology is logically partitioned into multiple virtual domains with each domain serving as a distinct firewall with unique policies for that respective customer.
Initially, Tata Communications plans to offer the service only in India to existing IAS (internet access services) formerly ILL customers. This service will be extended to managed hosting and co-location customers in India as well as other regions in the near future.
New Appliances Target Secure Remote Connectivity
- SMB Guide To Effectively Deploy Salesforce CRM
- The Promise Of Cognitive Computing In India
- AI To Play A Decisive Role In Cyber Security
- Industrial IoT Startups Generate Renewed Growth: Study
- Three Cos Merge To Form Rs.100 Cr Entity In IIoT, AIDC
- Making A Shift To Human-Centric Security
- Indian Organizations To Invest Heavily In Security In 2018
- Xerox Is Securing The Future Of Work
- Top 5 Recruitment Trends To Dominate In 2018
- 7 File Transfer Challenges of Healthcare IT Teams