AWS And Microsoft Team Up For Artificial Intelligence
Recently, rivals Amazon and Microsoft have joined hands for better research on cloud services and to make Artificial Intelligence available to more developers.
Amazon Web Services and Microsoft has announced a new deep learning library, called Gluon, which allows developers of all skill levels to prototype, build, train and deploy sophisticated machine learning models for the cloud, devices at the edge and mobile apps.
With Gluon, developers can build machine learning models using a simple Python API and a range of pre-built, optimized neural network components. This makes it easier for developers to build neural networks using simple, concise code, without sacrificing training performance.
Most deep learning frameworks require developers to define models and algorithms up-front using lengthy, complex code that is difficult to change. Other deep learning tools make model-building easier, but this simplicity can come at the cost of slower training performance.
The Gluon interface offers simple, easy-to-understand code – you get a full set of plug-and-play building blocks to build and train neural networks. These include predefined layers, optimizers, and initializers.
It provides flexible structure – Gluon brings together the neural network model and the training algorithm providing greater flexibility in the development process. This flexible structure makes your code intuitive and easy-to-debug, and opens the door for more advanced models.; it gives dynamic graphs- you can build on the fly, with any structure you want, and using any of Python’s native control flow. You get all of these benefits without needing to sacrifice training speed.
The Gluon interface currently works with the deep learning framework Apache MXNet and will support Microsoft Cognitive Toolkit (CNTK) in an upcoming release. AWS and Microsoft published Gluon’s reference specification so other deep learning engines can be integrated with the interface.
- Apollo Hospitals Using Microsoft's AI To Improve Cardiac Care
- How Is AI Transforming Industries and Society
- IBM, Fortinet Team Up On Cyber Threat Data sharing
- Digital Security At The Heart Of Business Strategy
- AI, Blockchain Shake Up The Drilling Industry: Study
- AI-ML Is Taking Travel To The Next Level
- How Big Data Analytics Is Changing The Face Of Recruitment
- 39% Indian Techies Can Code Before They Turn 20: Study
- Why Not Work With A Bot In Future?
- Five Roadblocks In Enterprise Security Automation