Axis unveils 3D camera models for security system designers
Axis Communications, a provider of network video has introduced a new 3D model camera for engineers and security system designers. With the new 3D models, engineers and security system designers can place Axis Network Cameras directly into CAD building plans and visualize the areas the cameras will cover. The software allows them to see exactly how the cameras fit into the building layout and to easily detect if views are obstructed by columns or walls, to help reduce unexpected blind spots.
“Security should be an integral part of the design process of any new large building. To achieve the best level of security and avoid blind spots that could potentially become a security issue, security systems need to be planned at the same time as other essential services such as electricity and plumbing,” said Peter Friberg, Director of System and Services, Axis Communications.
In other words, security system planning can be completed as an integrated part of the building design, integrating into the same tool flow that is used for the rest of the building design. Users of the CAD system can also access information about each camera such as the model number, mounting accessories, power consumption and resolution.
Building Information Modeling is a concept where all components in a building, such as walls, doors and plumbing are included in a CAD database, giving a complete picture of every detail included in the design and is used throughout the entire lifespan of the building for its maintenance and management.
- Know Before Getting Your Cloud Architecture In Shape
- CISOs Should Help In Building Digital Trust With Consumers, Says Study
- Battling Cyber Risks With Intelligent Automation
- Ensuring A Secured Blockchain Ecosystem
- Plantronics Completes USD 2-Bn Polycom Acquisition
- Cyber GCCs In India At The Cusp Of Transformation
- Have We Learnt A Lesson From Facebook-Cambridge Analytica Crisis?
- Firms Unable To Cope With Security Skill Gap, Vendor Sprawl: Study
- Why VPN Services Are Getting More And More Popular
- 5 Ways To Create A CX-First Culture For Executives