Bala Girisaballa Joins Microsoft Accelerator As CEO-in-Residence
Microsoft announced that Bala Girisaballa will be leading Microsoft Accelerator in India as CEO-in-Residence. He took charge of the Accelerator’s India operations, with effect from August 1, 2016. Microsoft also announced that Ravi Narayan, Director, will now assume the role of Global Director at Microsoft Accelerator.
Girisaballa will lead the Accelerator’s efforts to help market-ready startups and entrepreneurs to scale up and become successful businesses through the technology enablement, global go-to-market efforts and deep business advisory in the form of Hi-Po and Scale-Up programs.
Prior to this, Bala was with Zinnov as Partner & Practice Head helping MNC R&D companies. An alumnus of Indian Institute of Management, Ahmedabad and Osmania University, Bala lives in Bangalore with his family. In his leisure time, he loves coding, reading and traveling.
In other big change of role, Ravi Narayan, in his new role as Global Director, will help Microsoft Accelerator in eight locations around the world to become market-ready, focused and accelerate these startups that have or will raise institutional funding from VCs. He will also focus on scaling the startup acceleration model through global partners.
Early last year, Microsoft Accelerator in India redesigned their programs to cater to market-ready startups. Since then, it has graduated three cohorts which include startups like iBot, CustomerXPs, Altizon, CloudCherry and Reverie Technologies.
It has also formed partnerships with Temasek, TCS, Citi, Reliance Industries and other Multinational Corporates under its corporate engagement program #CoInnovate, to help the startups in their go-to-market efforts and global expansion.
- LinkedIn Launches ‘Scheduler’ Feature To Ease Hiring Process
- How Fortis Improves Patient Care With Microsoft Azure
- The Most Ethical Tech Firms And Why They Matter
- Technostress Hampers Productivity At Workplace: Microsoft
- Online Startup Ideas You Can Begin Working On Today
- Microsoft, Accenture Team Up To Help Start-Ups
- Small Business Financing Trends To Stay Abreast Of
- Cloud War Intensifies; Alibaba Taps Indian Enterprises
- Microsoft Brings AI Powered Update To Bing
- McAfee Acquires Cloud Security Startup Skyhigh Networks