Banks to Meet UDAI Chairman Nilekani
The Indian Banks’ Association (IBA) is working on combining the unique identification project (UID) with the financial inclusion projects of banks.
The IBA recently held a meeting of bankers in Mumbai to discuss, among other things, the modalities for working together with the government on the unique identification (UID) project.
The Association has scheduled a meeting of telecom companies and chairmen of a few banks with UDAI chairman Nandan Nilekani on January 6 to discuss issues for leveraging the UID project for banks financial inclusion programme. The meet will also discuss ways of leveraging mobile phone technology to fit into the business correspondent model.
The proposal is expected to get a further push in the forthcoming bankers conference scheduled on January 11 and 12 in Mumbai.
Some of the other issues that will be deliberated at the conference are strengthening human capital for the Indian banking sector and risk management, among others.
- Predictions for RPA in Financial Services in 2018
- Blockchain In The Context Of Enterprises
- Shared Services 2.0 – Next Big Wave Of Offshore Financial Operations
- Banks Investing Heavily On IT With Rising Digital Payments: Gartner
- Top Nine Trends in ICT Sector: TrendForce
- Central Government Clears BharatNet For Tamil Nadu
- Rubique To Expand To 100 Cities by March 2018
- Intel’s Former CEO Paul Otellini Dies At 66
- What's Stopping Banks From Embracing Latest Technologies?
- How UP Dial 100 Is Changing the Way Police Do Business