Banks to Meet UDAI Chairman Nilekani
The Indian Banks’ Association (IBA) is working on combining the unique identification project (UID) with the financial inclusion projects of banks.
The IBA recently held a meeting of bankers in Mumbai to discuss, among other things, the modalities for working together with the government on the unique identification (UID) project.
The Association has scheduled a meeting of telecom companies and chairmen of a few banks with UDAI chairman Nandan Nilekani on January 6 to discuss issues for leveraging the UID project for banks financial inclusion programme. The meet will also discuss ways of leveraging mobile phone technology to fit into the business correspondent model.
The proposal is expected to get a further push in the forthcoming bankers conference scheduled on January 11 and 12 in Mumbai.
Some of the other issues that will be deliberated at the conference are strengthening human capital for the Indian banking sector and risk management, among others.
- Lack Of Integrated Tools Leads To Project Failure: Study
- How Financial Institutions Can Speed Up The Lending Processes
- How Emerging Tech Is Redefining India's Real Estate
- How Robo-Advisors Are Disrupting Financial Services
- Here's A Way To Protect Yourself Against Manipulated 'Fake News'
- Leveraging Cloud Based Payments Effectively
- Why Most Firms Fail To Adopt Business Agility
- Quality Assurance In Multi-Channel Banking Era
- Rahul Tewari Joins QuiKr As CFO
- Most CIOs Not Interested In Blockchain 'Hype'