New Skill Development In Telecom Sector
Telecom Sector Skill Council (TSSC) and Bharat Broadband Nigam Limited (BBNL) have signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) for skill development in telecom sector. The MoU was signed by Ravi Shanker, Managing Director, BBNL and Lt Gen Dr SP Kochhar, CEO, Telecom Sector Skill Council, according to a joint press release.
BBNL is a special unit set up to carry out the establishment, management and operation of NOFN, to provide high speed broadband connectivity to all gram panchayats and to provide access to bandwidth to all eligible service providers to enable them to provide services in rural areas.
“It is important for the Telecom Sector Skills Council to work alongside USOF and BBNL in order to achieve the stated objective of the National Telecom Policy 2012 through several training programs to be jointly undertaken,” said Ravi Shanker. He added that telecom, IT, media and entertainment (TIME) as well as social media, mobility, analytics and cloud (SMAC) can very well be addressed by having training programs for Grass Root Telecom Providers (GRTP) touching the lives of rural masses through cable TV, Wi-Fi and other devices.
Akhil Gupta, President TSSC and Vice Chairman Bharti Enterprises said “With BBNL setting up National Optical Fiber Network to provide connectivity to all the 2,50,000 Gram Panchayats in the country for providing broadband connectivity with adequate bandwidth, skilling people at Panchayat level as Grass Root Telecom Providers would facilitate ICT applications such as e-commerce, e-banking, e-governance, e-education and Tele-medicine.”
Established in 2013, Telecom Sector Skill Council (TSSC) is the apex skill development body in the Telecom Sector, set up with the funding support of NSDC, Ministry of Finance, Government of India. TSSC affiliated training partners are providing skill development program in national occupational standards developed by TSSC in consultation with the Industry in over 23 States across the length and breadth of India, said the release.
- India Says 'Yes' To Net Neutrality; What Does It Mean
- IT Veteran Neelam Dhawan Joins Ecosystm As Board Advisor
- RJio To Connect 1100 Cities; Set For Next Level Of Disruption
- Public WiFi To Connect India's 40 mn New Users To Internet: Study
- Firms Unable To Cope With Security Skill Gap, Vendor Sprawl: Study
- After Telecom, RJio Set To Disrupt India’s E-Commerce
- MoneyOnMobile Introduces Bharat Bill Payment
- Marketing Automation A Growth Driver For EdTech Sector
- 5G Will Create USD 27-Bn Opportunity For India: Ericsson
- Quality Assurance In Multi-Channel Banking Era