BECL selects SAP Sybase ASE to achieve better efficiency
One of Gujarat’s major state power generation companies, Bhavnagar Energy Company Limited (BECL) has selected SAP ERP to streamline thier end-to-end experience, from integrated product experience to customer service, support and lifecycle management with SAP Business Suite application on Sybase ASE.
Until now, BECL had manually managed data across various departments, which resulted in inefficiencies in the areas of procurement, account payables and contract management. The SAP ERP on Sybase ASE is aimed at supporting BECL to manage resources efficiently and achieve greater transparency across the organization.
“SAP ERP on Sybase ASE will help BECL improve response time, manage data flow effectively and enable better decision making which in turn will enhance productivity and efficiency,” said Nayab Hussain Pathan - IT Head, Bhavnagar Energy Company Limited.
The project is expected to go live within 6 months and is being implemented by IBM with Gujarat Info Petro Limited.
- BlackBerry Appoints Ex-Sybase Executive As COO
- Adarsh Credit Co-operative Society Goes Mobile
- SAP to expand enterprise mobile offerings with Syclo acquisition
- SAP unveils 4.0 releases of BI and EIM solutions
- Sybase ensures Android on Samsung mobile devices
- Quest appoints Barrie Sheers as VP and GM, APAC-J
- Mobile enterprise apps poised to take off in 2011: Sybase
- Sybase releases IQ 15.3, improves architectural flexibility
- ‘India will be a big market for remote access products’