Belgium Telco Selects Teradata Solutions
Belgacom International Carrier Services (BICS), a subsidiary of the Belgacom Group, has selected the Teradata Active Enterprise Data Warehouse platform.
Belgacom Group is the first telecommunications company in Belgium and a leading global carrier of voice, data and value added services.
In addition to the Data Warehouse platform, BICS has also selected Teradata Viewpoint, Teradata’s web-based system management, and Teradata Disaster Recovery. These systems will be used for production and application development for the carrier’s applications and maintenance services and will be implemented by Teradata Professional Services.
"It was important to us to have an enterprise data warehouse platform that can keep up with our demands as we grow. In addition, the new Teradata Viewpoint makes it possible to update information for all users automatically, so that our business users can help themselves to query information," said Jan De Cocker, IT operations manager, BICS.
The Teradata Active Enterprise Data Warehouse platform is purpose built to run on the Teradata Database with high efficiency and the ability to provide near real-time information about the business. It can also expand incrementally from one terabyte to four petabytes.
"Using active data has a very positive benefit to our customers. One, it reduces their operational costs. Two, it allows them to make informed decisions concerning customers, inventory, suppliers, products, and partners by accessing historical trends and insights," said Gunther Roobaert, MD for Belgium, Teradata.
- All You Need To Know About Facebook-Cambridge Data Leak Saga
- Machine Learning Helps Doctors To Generate Precise, Faster Prescriptions
- Insurance Cos Lack Strategy To Leverage IoT Data: Study
- Lack Of Trained Staff, Security Hinder FinTech Growth
- Smart Cities Can Save 125 Hrs For Each Citizen Every Year: Study
- IT Leaders Struggling With Hyper-Converged Infrastructure: Study
- AI, Cybersecurity, Data Analytics To Rule Healthcare Sector
- India's Enterprise Software Spending To Outgrow China: Gartner
- Blockchain Can Radically Transform Digital Marketing
- 5 Ways CRM Can Power Hospitality Sector