Belgium Telco Selects Teradata Solutions
Belgacom International Carrier Services (BICS), a subsidiary of the Belgacom Group, has selected the Teradata Active Enterprise Data Warehouse platform.
Belgacom Group is the first telecommunications company in Belgium and a leading global carrier of voice, data and value added services.
In addition to the Data Warehouse platform, BICS has also selected Teradata Viewpoint, Teradata’s web-based system management, and Teradata Disaster Recovery. These systems will be used for production and application development for the carrier’s applications and maintenance services and will be implemented by Teradata Professional Services.
"It was important to us to have an enterprise data warehouse platform that can keep up with our demands as we grow. In addition, the new Teradata Viewpoint makes it possible to update information for all users automatically, so that our business users can help themselves to query information," said Jan De Cocker, IT operations manager, BICS.
The Teradata Active Enterprise Data Warehouse platform is purpose built to run on the Teradata Database with high efficiency and the ability to provide near real-time information about the business. It can also expand incrementally from one terabyte to four petabytes.
"Using active data has a very positive benefit to our customers. One, it reduces their operational costs. Two, it allows them to make informed decisions concerning customers, inventory, suppliers, products, and partners by accessing historical trends and insights," said Gunther Roobaert, MD for Belgium, Teradata.
- Ten Trends Redefining Enterprise IT In 2018
- 5 Ways AI Can Live Up To Its Promise In 2018
- Why Cloud Adopters Need Visibility Into Their Network
- Enterprise Networks: Things To Focus On In 2018
- Trends In Information Management: An India Perspective
- Uber Data Breach: Accountability, Corporate Ethics In Question
- 4 Big Data Trends To Watch In 2018
- Stratus Unveils Edge Computing Strategy
- 70% Consumers Stop Following A Business After Data Breach: Study
- Big Data Gaining Grounds In Precision Medicine