BEML uses SAS to optimize its spare parts inventory
In a bid to increase the manageability and profitability of its Stock Keeping Units (SKUs), BEML has deployed the Service Parts Optimization solutions from SAS. BEML, the second largest heavy earth-moving machinery manufacturing company in Asia has a complex network of 25 regional depots. It has over 70 Products with 210,000 SKUs to manage a vast supply chain and logistics network in India, the Middle East, Africa and Brazil. With such an intricate set-up, accurately forecasting the demand stream of spare parts was a major challenge.
In order to optimize inventory levels, BEML wanted a solution that could help them determine the SKUs required, with right quantity, right place and at right time. SAS Service Parts Optimization solution helps them accomplish these challenges seamlessly.
On the successful deployment Rajeev Srivastva, Head-Technology, BEML said: “To optimize resources and increase profitability thorough effective and efficient spare parts forecasting, we recognized the need to leverage SAS for our Service Parts Optimization solution. After carefully examining the market, we chose SAS as a solution to drive our quest for generating insights and optimize our inventory levels at multiple Locations/SKUs.”
Sudipta K. Sen, Regional Director South-East Asia, CEO & MD SAS India says “SAS is helping BEML analyze complicated inventory data and unearth hidden relationships and patterns in inventory data volumes, thereby helping to minimize its expenditure and optimize its inventory.”
- Making Digital Transactions Simpler And Secured
- US Visa Norm Forces Indian Techies To Look At Newer Locales
- What The Future Looks Like For Insurance CIOs
- India Is Witnessing A ‘Green’ Digital Transformation
- Is Automation Taking All Our Jobs Away?
- Flipkart CFO Sanjay Baweja Resigns In The Middle Of Sale Season
- Is Softbank Trying To Become The Next Google?
- Mozilla Firefox Vulnerable To Man-In-The-Middle Attack: Report
- Xiaomi May No Longer Be The 'Apple Of The East'
- Tata Communication Closes Neotel Deal At $428Mn