Bengaluru To Host Asia’s Biggest Startup Expo
Bengaluru to host World Startup Expo, a unique3-day platform for startups, leading technology providers, investors, thought leaders and influencers. World Startup Expo 2016, Asia’s largest congregation, aims to bring together the most happening and disruptive startups and SMEs, along with the expertise of executives from the top corporations, government agencies, incubators, investors, HNWIs, VC funds, banks, students and technology companies from across the world.
To maximize the platform, WSE 2016 will have four different streams running over three days. These include:
• WSE Exhibition: 10000 SQM exhibiting area with 500+ startups, technology companies, educational institutions, free trade zones and banks
• World Tech Hackathon: A coding challenge which will see participation from over 2000 students and corporates
• WSE Conference: A 2-day conference with high profile national and international speakers
• WSE Awards: An award ceremony acknowledging the work done by startups.
The event sets the stage for a curated set of startups to present themselves in front of an audience comprising of investors, early stage adopters, mentors, potential co-founders and partners.
This event is being powered by Middle East based crowd-sourcing platform, Cocoon Ventures, who plan to bring a global network of investors to invest in India; thus aligning their mission with the government’s vision of making India a global manufacturing and investment hub.
Key event highlights:
- A platform to showcase your brand, engage with startup gurus and collaborate with investors, technology providers and emerging entrepreneurs.
- An opportunity to win the regional cup to compete for USD 1Mn at the Startup World Cup.
- A global convergence of over 50 confirmed partnerships from leading incubators, accelerators (public and private), associations and government bodies.
- A chance to be a part of the mentorship program by Cocoon Ventures, leading to an opportunity to pitch your idea to global investors at the Investors Summit.
Trescon Global, a business events and consulting firm, is conceptualising and executing this massive undertaking.
Commenting on this initiative, Mohammed Saleem, chief executive officer, Trescon and director – World Startup Expo said, “The expo aims at connecting startups with national and global investors and startup gurus. It will serve as a common link merging the dynamic startup ecosystem, leveraging brands and empowering them to get financed.”
“We are positive that together we can nurture and strengthen the global startup ecosystem,” he added.
This event will be hosted at BIEC, Bengaluru from 21 – 23 Nov 2016. For more details, please visit – www.worldstartupexpo.com
- It's Time Indian Startups Build An Ethical Culture To Prevent Fraud
- 5 Ed-tech Startups That Are Disrupting Education
- How to Ensure Your IT Startup Investment Turns Profitable?
- Uber To Double Headcount In India Across Tech Centers
- 10 Women Founded Tech Startups Bag Prestigious Awards
- Why Angel Investors Find Startups That Use A CRM Attractive
- NetApp Launches DVEC To Empower Customers, Partners
- NITI Aayog, Google To Jointly Foster India's AI Ecosystem
- Digiperform Expands In India To Offer Digital Marketing Training
- Gender Discrimination Continues To Haunt IT Industry