Better Days Ahead For IT Hiring
Job portals and employment indexes are predicting an upward trend in IT hiring in the coming months. A recent Monster Employment Index states that while 2013 saw subdued hiring on the whole, 2014 appears to be more promising, especially for sectors such as Information technology, banking and healthcare.
Hiring in the technology sector in general, including IT Hardware, Software and Services is seen to have increased by 33%, charting a strong annual growth. Even though recruitment activity in BPO/ITES was down 4% this February, it is predicted that the sector will gain momentum over the next few months.
Sectors such as biotechnology, healthcare, banking and manufacturing, that rely on technology for growth and development also show a substantial rise in its hiring activity since January this year.
Among occupation groups, CXOs and those in the senior management saw a 50% growth in demand in 2014 until now and the trend will continue this year, says the report.
“As per recent surveys, Indian employers are expected to hire aggressively in the second quarter while the projected average salary hike in the year 2014 is of 10%,” said Sanjay Modi, MD, Monster.com (India/ Middle- East/ South East Asia).
A recent Naukri Job Speak Index released in the month of January this year also predicted positive recruitment activities. The Index also reveals that IT jobs are not about pure tech skills anymore. Emerging areas like business analytics, data management, mobility and security demand a far deeper understanding of business than was required earlier. The overall hiring activities also showed a 13% increase when compared to the same time in 2012. The report too suggests a positive time for hiring activities in the coming months as well.
Region-wise, Bangalore was up 36% in the first quarter of 2014 in terms of hiring activities, followed by Mumbai (20%), Delhi NCR (36%), Hyderabad (18%) and Chennai (8%) that also registered an uptrend in recruitment activities, says the index.
- India Inc's Progress on Gender Diversity: Good, Bad or Ugly?
- Why Companies Need To Invest In Chief AI Officer
- Hiring To Pick Up In Next 6 Months: Report
- Infosys To Hire 6K Techies Over The Next Two Years
- Interivew Desk Helps HR Leaders Outsource Interview Process
- Six Marketing Basics For SME Success
- Cognitive Tech To Spur IT Sector Hiring: KPMG
- US Based Softvision To Hire 500 Software Engineers in India
- GSTN Completes Software Testing, Ready For GST Rollout
- Google Search Engine Is Also Employment Engine Now