Bharti Airtel CIO Joins Teradata Global CIO Board
Teradata, a division of NCR Corporation, a global player in data warehouse-driven enterprise analytics has announced that Dr. Jai Menon, director of information technology and innovation, and group chief information officer (CIO) of Bharti Airtel Limited, has joined its Global CIO Board of Advisors.
Menon will be part of a core team of global CIOs to drive the technology initiatives of Teradata. Teradata’s CIO Board of Advisors is comprised of a group of chief information officers from various industry sectors that include communications, financial services, insurance, health care, pharmaceutical, manufacturing, retail, travel, transportation and logistics.
Dennis Samuel, area vice president, Southeast Asia and India for Teradata, commented, “Dr. Menon is a visionary and innovator who has successfully led the revolution in the Indian telecom industry. As part of Teradata’s global CIO Board of Advisors, a distinguished group of CIOs from leading companies, he will be instrumental in defining the next generation of data warehousing and he will also add to our in-depth understanding of technology, operating environment, and competitive strategies for future success.”
Menon adds, “Teradata is the global leader in enterprise data warehousing and its effort towards adding intelligence into the enterprise is commendable. It will be exciting to work with a team of technology innovators in taking Teradata to the next level.”
Menon has developed and implemented technology and business constructs specifically for the information technology (IT) needs of a rapid growth telecom sector. Dr Menon has architected the macro-outsourcing utility computing models for Bharti Airtel’s IT and Content Services.
Menon joined Bharti in August 2002 as corporate director, IT & Technology. In 2004, he launched Airtel’s Enterprise Business as its joint president. Before joining Bharti, he was corporate officer and executive vice president at BellSouth, where he was also chief technology officer across all lines of businesses.
- How Robo-Advisors Are Disrupting Financial Services
- Infosys' Nitesh Banga Joins GlobalLogic As COO
- Iris Global On Expansion Spree; Ventures Into India's Cyber Security Biz
- Lenovo Promotes Bhaskar Choudhuri To CMO For Asia Pacific
- India Among Top 5 Countries Generating E-Waste
- 8 Out Of 10 Most Valuable Brands Are In Tech: Study
- Demystifying AI And Analytics With Sameer Dhanrajani
- The Final GDPR Checks You Mustn’t Forget
- More SMBs Investing In Data Security, CRM: Study
- 10 Signs Your Analytics Program Will Fail