Bharti Airtel CIO Joins Teradata Global CIO Board
Teradata, a division of NCR Corporation, a global player in data warehouse-driven enterprise analytics has announced that Dr. Jai Menon, director of information technology and innovation, and group chief information officer (CIO) of Bharti Airtel Limited, has joined its Global CIO Board of Advisors.
Menon will be part of a core team of global CIOs to drive the technology initiatives of Teradata. Teradata’s CIO Board of Advisors is comprised of a group of chief information officers from various industry sectors that include communications, financial services, insurance, health care, pharmaceutical, manufacturing, retail, travel, transportation and logistics.
Dennis Samuel, area vice president, Southeast Asia and India for Teradata, commented, “Dr. Menon is a visionary and innovator who has successfully led the revolution in the Indian telecom industry. As part of Teradata’s global CIO Board of Advisors, a distinguished group of CIOs from leading companies, he will be instrumental in defining the next generation of data warehousing and he will also add to our in-depth understanding of technology, operating environment, and competitive strategies for future success.”
Menon adds, “Teradata is the global leader in enterprise data warehousing and its effort towards adding intelligence into the enterprise is commendable. It will be exciting to work with a team of technology innovators in taking Teradata to the next level.”
Menon has developed and implemented technology and business constructs specifically for the information technology (IT) needs of a rapid growth telecom sector. Dr Menon has architected the macro-outsourcing utility computing models for Bharti Airtel’s IT and Content Services.
Menon joined Bharti in August 2002 as corporate director, IT & Technology. In 2004, he launched Airtel’s Enterprise Business as its joint president. Before joining Bharti, he was corporate officer and executive vice president at BellSouth, where he was also chief technology officer across all lines of businesses.
- Cisco Announces A Slew Of Initiatives To Accelerate Digitization In India
- Multi-Factor Authentication Can Mitigate Password Risks: Study
- Sanjay Brahmawar Joins Software AG As New CEO
- IT Veteran Shyam Ramamurthy Joins Goals101 As Chief Product Officer
- 6 Key Trends For Artificial Intelligence Powering The Investment Sector
- Organizations Must Prepare for Data Security Risks To Survive
- Blockchain Revolutionizing Global Media Entertainment Industry
- How UST Global Tackles Cyber Threats Head-On
- Digital Spending In Retail To Grow By $118 Bn By 2022: Zinnov
- Chatbots: The Future Of Business Engagement