Bharti Airtel Gets A New Marketing Head
Shahnawaz Karim, the head of marketing at Nimbuzz, a free, instant mobile messenger app, has joined Bharti Airtel as head of marketing, Global Business.
Airtel’s global wholesale business provides wholesale voice and data and IP Transit services on one of the world’s largest and reliable backbone network of submarine cables and satellites to its customers as well as to other business units of Airtel across the globe.
The business unit owns a state-of-the-art long distance network infrastructure enabling it to provide connectivity services across the globe.
Karim, who had joined Nimbuzz as head of global marketing in 2011, was responsible for generating new business and marketing avenues, preparation of external communications strategies including social media activity, mobile VAS, preparing business proposals and communicating with the company’s proposition to the key stakeholders.
According to Joby Babu, COO, Nimbuzz, “Shahnawaz had been an integral part of the Nimbuzz team ever since its germination in India. He has versatile skills that span across marketing, business development and partnership development/ management. He is one of the avid social marketers that I have worked with and met with. His absolute passion and commitment in getting projects done qualifies him to take up end to end responsibility of projects and ventures,” adding that his communication skills are equallyadorable and fits in very well with cross-cultural working environments.
Karim’s professional experience spreads across internet, mobile and social media industry spanning US, India, West Asia, Europe and Southeast Asia, in management roles.
Before Nimbuzz, Karim was an independent automotive blogger at WheelsGuru.com. Prior to that, he was heading the social media division of Avian Media, managing clients like PVR Cinemas, DKNY Jeans and Nimbuzz.
- How Digital Platforms Are Helping Real Estate Business
- Robosoft Technologies Appoints Ravi Teja As New CEO
- Nissan Motor Appoints Anthony Thomas As Global CIO
- Telecom Consolidation: Tata Tele Merges With Airtel
- IoT Knowledge Gaps Exist In Consumer Product Industry
- HR Managers See CRM As An Effective Business Tool
- Cloud Computing Driving Innovation For Next Generation
- By 2020, Half Of Content Viewing Will Be Mobile: Study
- Perks@Croma: An Experiment In Buzz Marketing
- How Algorithms Are Revolutionizing Lending Business