Bharti Airtel launches voice blogging service
Bharti Airtel has officially unveiled what the company claims to be the world’s first voice-blogging service. According to Bharti Airtel, the ‘Airtel Blog’ has already attracted nearly 2 million users within the first 3 months of its launch and is being considered to be the world’s fastest growing voice-oriented social networking service.
Airtel’s mobile customers can share recorded voice updates with their fans (since the list includes celebrities too), friends or family. "Perhaps one of our fastest growing Value Added Services (VAS) in our stable in recent times, Airtel Blog is taking the concept of micro-blogging to an entirely new level," said Atul Bindal, President (Mobile Services), Bharti Airtel. The Airtel Blog is powered by Bubble Motion, a provider of voice messaging and social communication for mobile phones.
The voice-based micro-bloggers include celebrities across India, who already have started building their voice-blog follower base. Celebrities include Amitabh Bachchan, Arshad Warsi, Lara Dutta, Neetu Chandra and many more. These personalities are using their Airtel Blog to share voice updates to reach out to their fans. The fans, in turn, receive SMS updates of the posts. They can then dial-in to listen to the voice blog.
The Airtel Blog is also being used by communities as well as individuals to connect with their followers and keep track of their friends and families.
- Helping You Escape Competition With UPI Payments
- Telecom Consolidation: Tata Tele Merges With Airtel
- How To Combat Online Harassment At The Workplace
- TRAI's Decision Disappoint Airtel, Vodafone
- 5 Reasons For Cos To Use Business Centres For Office Spaces
- Google, Airtel Push UPI-Based Digital Payments Market
- Unlocking The Business Value Of Internet of Things [Infographic]
- Equifax Breach: Lessons For Indian Companies
- HPE Closes $8.8 Billion Micro Focus Spin-Off
- APAC To Lead In Cloud, IoT Adoption: Trend Micro EVP