Bharti Airtel MD Gopal Vittal Elects As Chairman Of COAI
The Cellular Operators Association of India (COAI), an industry association of GSM mobile service providers in India, has announced the appointment of Bharti Airtel MD Gopal Vittal as the Chairman for the period 2016-17. Vittal takes over charge from outgoing Chairman and MD of Idea Cellular Limited Himanshu Kapania.
Sunil Sood, MD & CEO of Vodafone India Ltd. was elected as the Vice-Chairman. COAI also designated its Executive Council for the new term at its Annual General Body meeting held on 30th May, 2016.
Gopal Vittal, has over 25 years of experience in telecom and fast moving consumer goods (FMCG) industries. In his role as MD & CEO of the country’s largest privately integrated telecom operator, he is responsible for defining and delivering the business strategy and providing overall leadership for Airtel’s India & South Asia operations.
Sunil Sood is a Telecom Veteran and has been in the industry for over 12 years. Sood is part of the senior leadership team at Vodafone India and is responsible for the day to day operations and the P&L management for all circles in the country.
Rajan Mathews, Director General, COAI, welcomed the new leadership at the helm of the association and congratulated them for accepting their positions for the coming term. COAI looks to continuing its leadership role for the Telecom industry under the new leadership.
- India Needs To Invest More On R&D
- Telecom Consolidation: Tata Tele Merges With Airtel
- Oracle Announces New Cloud Programs For The Enterprise
- TRAI's Decision Disappoint Airtel, Vodafone
- Google, Airtel Push UPI-Based Digital Payments Market
- Infosys Saga: Nandan Nilekani Appointed Chairman
- Infosys’ Blunder: Throwing Baby With The Bathwater
- Are RJio Competitors Barking Up The Wrong Tree?
- Telcos Must Explore New Revenue Streams With IoT: Study
- Airtel Says It Achieved 81% Reduction In CO2 Emissions