Bharti Airtel, MTN Yet to Finalize Deal
The merger talks between Bharti Airtel and South Africa’s MTN have not been finalised yet, Corporate Affairs Minister Salman Khurshid informed parliament on Thursday.
The merger talks are due to end on July 31
The merger deal when finalized will create an emerging markets giant with more than 200 million customers across India, Africa and the Middle East. Bharti Airtel is expected to hold 49% equity in the merged entity with MTN and its shareholders taking a 36% stake.
Khurshid said that any proposal to change the equity shareholding of the company would need government approval.
The two companies are now expected to reach an agreement by end-August.
- WB To Announce New IT Policy To Woo Investors: CM
- Uber Data Breach: Accountability, Corporate Ethics In Question
- Nokia Expands Bengaluru R&D Center To Focus On 5G
- Trai Backs Net Neutrality; Will RJio, Airtel Stand To Gain?
- Airtel-Karbonn Bring Two New Bundled Smartphones To Counter Jio
- Forget Prevention, Firms Struggle To Even Detect Cyber Threats
- Govt, Telcos Drive VMware’s Growth In India
- Telecom Consolidation: Tata Tele Merges With Airtel
- TRAI's Decision Disappoint Airtel, Vodafone
- 5 Reasons For Cos To Use Business Centres For Office Spaces