Bharti Airtel, MTN Yet to Finalize Deal
The merger talks between Bharti Airtel and South Africa’s MTN have not been finalised yet, Corporate Affairs Minister Salman Khurshid informed parliament on Thursday.
The merger talks are due to end on July 31
The merger deal when finalized will create an emerging markets giant with more than 200 million customers across India, Africa and the Middle East. Bharti Airtel is expected to hold 49% equity in the merged entity with MTN and its shareholders taking a 36% stake.
Khurshid said that any proposal to change the equity shareholding of the company would need government approval.
The two companies are now expected to reach an agreement by end-August.
- How To Solve India's Acute E-Waste Crisis
- Telecom Consolidation: Tata Tele Merges With Airtel
- TRAI's Decision Disappoint Airtel, Vodafone
- 5 Reasons For Cos To Use Business Centres For Office Spaces
- Google, Airtel Push UPI-Based Digital Payments Market
- Infosys Saga: Leadership Lessons For Founder-CEOs
- Infosys’ Blunder: Throwing Baby With The Bathwater
- Infosys Blames Mr. Murthy For Vishal Sikka’s Resignation
- Are RJio Competitors Barking Up The Wrong Tree?
- Telcos Must Explore New Revenue Streams With IoT: Study