Bharti Airtel Partners AWS For Cloud Services
Telecom major Bharti Airtel has announced a partnership with Amazon Web Services (AWS) to offer its cloud computing services to customers in India. Under this partnership customer will get commitment from the company on dedicated connection between their premise and AWS data centres, said a source. The facility which was not available earlier.
“In line with this market adoption, we are excited to strengthen Airtel’s cloud services portfolio by adding Amazon Web Services to our growing list of cloud services providers. We are confident that this will help our global customers truly leverage the benefits of cloud,” Bharti Airtel’s Global Business CEO Ajay Chitkara said in a statement.
Here’s how Airtel customers can enjoy a more consistent connectivity through AWS Direct Connect
- Reduced Bandwidth Costs: By transferring data to and from AWS directly, customers can reduce their bandwidth commitment. All data transferred over the dedicated connection is charged at the reduced AWS Direct Connect data transfer rate rather than Internet data transfer rates.
- Consistent Network Performance: Customers can choose the data that utilizes the dedicated connection and how that data is routed which can provide a more consistent network experience over Internet-based connections.
- Compatible with all AWS Services: AWS Direct Connect is a network service, and works with all AWS services that are accessible over the Internet.
- Private Connectivity to Amazon VPC: Customers can use AWS Direct Connect to establish a private virtual interface from their on-premise network directly to Amazon VPC.
- Elastic: AWS Direct Connect provides 1 Gbps and 10 Gbps connections, and customers can easily provision multiple connections.
- Simple: Customers can sign up for AWS Direct Connect service quickly and easily using the AWS Management Console - a single view to efficiently manage all connections and virtual interfaces.
Cloud computing services offer software and other facility on pay as per use basis without customers requiring to buy entire product. Amazon Web Services offers facility like website hosting, data storage and other softwares required to run or manage businesses, said the company.”By utilizing AWS Direct Connect customers are able to reduce network costs, increase bandwidth throughput and provide a more consistent network experience, helping Indian businesses of all sizes to rapidly expand their organizations,” Amazon Web Services India Head Bikram Singh Bedi said.
- How Top E-tailers Are Gearing Up For Festive Sale
- The 10 Best Companies For Women In India
- Diwali Brings Glitter To Consumer Electronics Sales
- Telecom Consolidation: Tata Tele Merges With Airtel
- Content Strategy Strongly Impacts IT Sales
- Ola Vs Uber And The Battle Of Dominance In India
- Tele-Health To Bolster Home Healthcare Services
- Cloud Computing Driving Innovation For Next Generation
- Hiring To Pick Up In Next 6 Months: Report
- Oracle's Thomas Kurian Outlines Future Of Enterprise Cloud