Bharti Airtel Signs Multi-year Deal with REC
Bharti Airtel has signed a multi-year network management services contract with state-run Rural Electrification Corporation. As part of the agreement, Bharti Airtel will manage REC’s complete enterprise resource planning (ERP) backbone. This includes the data centre and entire network connecting the Delhi Corporate Office and 18 project/zonal offices across the country.
"We are delighted to be entrusted with this prestigious project from REC, a premier Government of India Navaratna enterprise. The managed services opportunity in India is set to expand exponentially in the years ahead," said Chris Tobit, Bharti Airtel, director-sales and operations (Enterprise Services).
Under the deal, Bharti Airtel will supply, install and manage the hardware security and network equipment. The company will also set up a standby server center infrastructure and establish a data center ‘co-located’ at Bharti Airtel facilities.
- Brands Fail To Use Customer Data to Deliver Personalization: Study
- Delving Into The ABC Of Cyber Security
- Weekly Rewind: Top 10 Stories On CXOToday (Oct 9-13)
- Telecom Consolidation: Tata Tele Merges With Airtel
- IoT Knowledge Gaps Exist In Consumer Product Industry
- HR Managers See CRM As An Effective Business Tool
- Tele-Health To Bolster Home Healthcare Services
- Myriad Possibilities Of The Application Economy
- There's No Stopping The IoT Growth; Here's Why
- Third Party Digital Cos Will Generate Over $31 Bn This Year