Bharti Airtel Signs Multi-year Deal with REC
Bharti Airtel has signed a multi-year network management services contract with state-run Rural Electrification Corporation. As part of the agreement, Bharti Airtel will manage REC’s complete enterprise resource planning (ERP) backbone. This includes the data centre and entire network connecting the Delhi Corporate Office and 18 project/zonal offices across the country.
"We are delighted to be entrusted with this prestigious project from REC, a premier Government of India Navaratna enterprise. The managed services opportunity in India is set to expand exponentially in the years ahead," said Chris Tobit, Bharti Airtel, director-sales and operations (Enterprise Services).
Under the deal, Bharti Airtel will supply, install and manage the hardware security and network equipment. The company will also set up a standby server center infrastructure and establish a data center ‘co-located’ at Bharti Airtel facilities.
- Machine Learning Helps Doctors To Generate Precise, Faster Prescriptions
- Machine Learning Can Generate Faster, Precise Prescriptions
- Insurance Cos Lack Strategy To Leverage IoT Data: Study
- Lack Of Trained Staff, Security Hinder FinTech Growth
- How DTDC Uses Cloud To Offer 50pc Faster Resolution Of Service Cases
- Smart Cities Can Save 125 Hrs For Each Citizen Every Year: Study
- Digital Tech Creating Enhanced Experiences In The Air
- IT Leaders Struggling With Hyper-Converged Infrastructure: Study
- AI, Cybersecurity, Data Analytics To Rule Healthcare Sector
- India's Enterprise Software Spending To Outgrow China: Gartner