Bharti Airtel Signs Multi-year Deal with REC
Bharti Airtel has signed a multi-year network management services contract with state-run Rural Electrification Corporation. As part of the agreement, Bharti Airtel will manage REC’s complete enterprise resource planning (ERP) backbone. This includes the data centre and entire network connecting the Delhi Corporate Office and 18 project/zonal offices across the country.
"We are delighted to be entrusted with this prestigious project from REC, a premier Government of India Navaratna enterprise. The managed services opportunity in India is set to expand exponentially in the years ahead," said Chris Tobit, Bharti Airtel, director-sales and operations (Enterprise Services).
Under the deal, Bharti Airtel will supply, install and manage the hardware security and network equipment. The company will also set up a standby server center infrastructure and establish a data center ‘co-located’ at Bharti Airtel facilities.
- Ten Trends Redefining Enterprise IT In 2018
- 5 Ways AI Can Live Up To Its Promise In 2018
- Why Cloud Adopters Need Visibility Into Their Network
- Enterprise Networks: Things To Focus On In 2018
- Trends In Information Management: An India Perspective
- Uber Data Breach: Accountability, Corporate Ethics In Question
- 4 Big Data Trends To Watch In 2018
- Stratus Unveils Edge Computing Strategy
- 70% Consumers Stop Following A Business After Data Breach: Study
- Nokia Expands Bengaluru R&D Center To Focus On 5G