Bharti Airtel Signs Multi-year Deal with REC
Bharti Airtel has signed a multi-year network management services contract with state-run Rural Electrification Corporation. As part of the agreement, Bharti Airtel will manage REC’s complete enterprise resource planning (ERP) backbone. This includes the data centre and entire network connecting the Delhi Corporate Office and 18 project/zonal offices across the country.
"We are delighted to be entrusted with this prestigious project from REC, a premier Government of India Navaratna enterprise. The managed services opportunity in India is set to expand exponentially in the years ahead," said Chris Tobit, Bharti Airtel, director-sales and operations (Enterprise Services).
Under the deal, Bharti Airtel will supply, install and manage the hardware security and network equipment. The company will also set up a standby server center infrastructure and establish a data center ‘co-located’ at Bharti Airtel facilities.
- How AI Is Changing The Landscape Of House Renting Sector?
- Simeio Gains Talent Insight, Improves Retention With Oracle
- Know Before Getting Your Cloud Architecture In Shape
- CISOs Should Help In Building Digital Trust With Consumers, Says Study
- Battling Cyber Risks With Intelligent Automation
- India Says 'Yes' To Net Neutrality; What Does It Mean
- Smart Cities And Iot To Offer Big Business In India
- Demand For Data Scientists In India Up By Over 400 pc: Study
- Why Web-scale Is The Future Of Data Center
- Using AI, Big Data To Design The Right Curriculum