Bharti Airtel to name Manoj Kohli as MD
Bharti Airtel said its board will consider on Friday appointing Manoj Kohli as the company’s managing director, extending a management restructuring exercise aimed at reviving growth at the world’s No. 4 mobile carrier by customers.
Kohli, a company veteran, currently heads Bharti Airtel’s international operations as its chief executive officer and is also a joint managing director of the company. He is currently based in Nairobi, the headquarters of Bharti Airtel’s African operations.
Bharti’s founder billionaire Sunil Mittal, who is currently its chairman and managing director, will become executive chairman of the company, after Kohli moves to his new role.
Gopal Vittal, who is set to take over as the chief executive of Bharti Airtel’s key domestic operations in March, is to be named as an additional director and joint managing director, the company said in a stock exchange filing on Wednesday.
- India As A Mobile Manufacturing Hub Is Challenging: Expert
- How Financial Institutions Can Speed Up The Lending Processes
- How Augmented Reality Is Powering Mobile Commerce
- Global Device Shipments To See Flat Growth This Year: Gartner
- Indus OS To Become Default Platform For Internet Content
- India's Mobile Data Traffic To Grow 5x By 2023: Report
- MoneyOnMobile Introduces Bharat Bill Payment
- 5G Will Create USD 27-Bn Opportunity For India: Ericsson
- 10 Reasons That Make SMS A Powerful Marketing Tool
- 8 Out Of 10 Shopping Apps Have Security Flaws: Report