Bharti Airtel to name Manoj Kohli as MD
Bharti Airtel said its board will consider on Friday appointing Manoj Kohli as the company’s managing director, extending a management restructuring exercise aimed at reviving growth at the world’s No. 4 mobile carrier by customers.
Kohli, a company veteran, currently heads Bharti Airtel’s international operations as its chief executive officer and is also a joint managing director of the company. He is currently based in Nairobi, the headquarters of Bharti Airtel’s African operations.
Bharti’s founder billionaire Sunil Mittal, who is currently its chairman and managing director, will become executive chairman of the company, after Kohli moves to his new role.
Gopal Vittal, who is set to take over as the chief executive of Bharti Airtel’s key domestic operations in March, is to be named as an additional director and joint managing director, the company said in a stock exchange filing on Wednesday.
- Looking At The World Through A Digital Lens
- Customer-Facing Web, Mobile Apps Pose Highest Security Risk: Study
- Nokia Expands Bengaluru R&D Center To Focus On 5G
- Trai Backs Net Neutrality; Will RJio, Airtel Stand To Gain?
- Ericsson Forecasts 1 Billion 5G Subscriptions By 2023
- What Makes SHAREit So Bullish On India Market
- How Shalimar Paints Is Weaving Its Digital Story
- The Enterprise Gains From Micro Frontend
- HFCL Gets A Deal Of Rs 128 Cr From BSNL
- Airtel-Karbonn Bring Two New Bundled Smartphones To Counter Jio