Bharti Airtel to Roll-out Hotspots in New Year
Bharti Airtel, the leading telecom operator by revenues and customers, is set to enter the Wi-Fi space next week by setting up hotspots across the country.
Initially, this facility will be made available to only existing Airtel broadband customers, company sources said.
A hotspot is any place that offers wireless internet access to a person carrying a notebook (laptop) or a wi-fi enabled smartphone. At present, there are an estimated 1,500 hotspots in the country with Tata Communications being the largest player in this space.
The hotspots will be strategically located at premium hotels, hospitals, chains of restaurants, coffee shops and corporate buildings which are the hub of corporate, community and social activities.
Bharti Airtel plans to set up 1,000 hotspots nationally by end of 2010.
- The Digital Messiah: Inside Accenture's Innovation Hub
- AI, IoT Enhancing Video Surveillance Capabilities
- NDCP 2018: Preparing India For A Digital Future?
- Tata Comm To Help CII With Digital Transformation
- Semiconductors in Data Storage
- IT, Digital Firms Comprise LinkedIn's Best Cos For 2018
- Four Reasons For Indian Enterprises To Move To SIP
- India Needs To Invest More On R&D
- Ozonetel Brings AI-Driven Contact Centers; Unveils Roadmap
- The 10 Best Companies For Women In India