Bharti Donates Rs 3 Cr. for Flood Victims
The cheque was handed over to Prime Minister Manmohan Singh, by Rakesh Bharti Mittal, vice chairman of Bharti Enterprises and co-chairman, Bharti Foundation.
Rakesh Bharti Mittal, said, “The recent floods in Bihar and Assam have affected millions of people and the devastation has been truly unfortunate. In this difficult moment for the affected people in the two states, Bharti Foundation would like to support the Government’s relief efforts in a humble but meaningful way, by making a contribution to the Prime Minister’s Relief Fund.”
Thousands of employees from across the Bharti Group had volunteered to donate one day’s salary to support the efforts of the Government in undertaking relief measures in the flood affected areas. Bharti group companies contributed an equal amount to the effort.
- Telecom Consolidation: Tata Tele Merges With Airtel
- Third Party Digital Cos Will Generate Over $31 Bn This Year
- Paying Ransom Makes One More Susceptible To Attack: Report
- Enterprises See Gap In IoT-ERP Integration: Study
- CXOs Are Capitalizing On APIs To Boost Business: Study
- Cloud Computing Boosts Hybrid Cloud Adoption: Study
- Hybrid Cloud In The Era Of Hyper Conversion
- MakeMyTrip's Co-founder And President Ashish Kashyap Resigns
- AI Implementation: A Few Things Enterprises Must Know
- Modern Cloud Infrastructure Is A Key Growth Enabler