Bharti Donates Rs 3 Cr. for Flood Victims
The cheque was handed over to Prime Minister Manmohan Singh, by Rakesh Bharti Mittal, vice chairman of Bharti Enterprises and co-chairman, Bharti Foundation.
Rakesh Bharti Mittal, said, “The recent floods in Bihar and Assam have affected millions of people and the devastation has been truly unfortunate. In this difficult moment for the affected people in the two states, Bharti Foundation would like to support the Government’s relief efforts in a humble but meaningful way, by making a contribution to the Prime Minister’s Relief Fund.”
Thousands of employees from across the Bharti Group had volunteered to donate one day’s salary to support the efforts of the Government in undertaking relief measures in the flood affected areas. Bharti group companies contributed an equal amount to the effort.
- Digitally Transform For The New Breed Of Customer
- India Launches Blockchain Foundation To Accelerate Growth
- Blockchain In The Context Of Enterprises
- WB To Announce New IT Policy To Woo Investors: CM
- Nokia Expands Bengaluru R&D Center To Focus On 5G
- Trai Backs Net Neutrality; Will RJio, Airtel Stand To Gain?
- CA Technologies Driving Digital India Innovation
- Persistent System’s President Mritunjay Singh Resigns
- Conversational AI: Driving The Next Generation Customer Experience
- 10 Trends Redefining Enterprise IT Infrastructure