Bharti Donates Rs 3 Cr. for Flood Victims
The cheque was handed over to Prime Minister Manmohan Singh, by Rakesh Bharti Mittal, vice chairman of Bharti Enterprises and co-chairman, Bharti Foundation.
Rakesh Bharti Mittal, said, “The recent floods in Bihar and Assam have affected millions of people and the devastation has been truly unfortunate. In this difficult moment for the affected people in the two states, Bharti Foundation would like to support the Government’s relief efforts in a humble but meaningful way, by making a contribution to the Prime Minister’s Relief Fund.”
Thousands of employees from across the Bharti Group had volunteered to donate one day’s salary to support the efforts of the Government in undertaking relief measures in the flood affected areas. Bharti group companies contributed an equal amount to the effort.
- PVR Cinemas Moves To Cloud For HR Transformation
- Four Reasons For Indian Enterprises To Move To SIP
- Why Enterprises Need To Automate Security Systems
- LAVA Appoints Sunil Raina As President, Business Head
- Google Eyes Indian Enterprises With Its Cloud Partnership Program
- Digital Disruption Boosts Business Growth, Revenue: Study
- Decoding The Security Factor In IoT
- Telecom Consolidation: Tata Tele Merges With Airtel
- Third Party Digital Cos Will Generate Over $31 Bn This Year
- Paying Ransom Makes One More Susceptible To Attack: Report