Bharti Group to Focus on Retail, Finance, Agri Biz
Having established a leading telecom business in Bharti Airtel, the group aims to build transformational business in the areas of retail, financial services and agriculture, which are future growth engines of India s economy, according to the company. According to Bharti Group, its retail business will enable millions of customers save money and live a better life.
It will also benefit farmers, small manufacturers and small artisans across the country through sourcing of products, according to the company. The group s financial services bouquet of life insurance, general insurance and asset management, will contribute to the process of financial inclusion in the country, the company stated in its press release. The agri and food processing business of Bharti will contribute towards the transformation of the agricultural sector and rural economy to a global food basket.
Sunil Bharti Mittal, chairman and Group CEO, Bharti Enterprises said, At Bharti, we have always believed in undertaking transformational projects that have a positive impact on the society and contribute to the nation building process. We have demonstrated this philosophy by leading India s telecom success story, with entrepreneurial spirit, innovation, and strong partnerships being the pillars of our growth. Having diversified into new businesses in agriculture, financial services and retail business with world-class partners, we have laid the foundation for building a conglomerate of future which will achieve USD 10 billion in revenues by 2010.
Bharti Enterprises social empowerment arm, Bharti Foundation has set up Satya Bharti Schools that impart free education to underprivileged children. Bharti Foundation runs around 159 schools in various parts of the country, educating over 18,000 disadvantaged children. By 2010, it aims to establish 500 primary and 50 senior secondary schools under the Satya Bharti School Program enrolling over 200,000 students.
- Ten Trends Redefining Enterprise IT In 2018
- Digitally Transform For The New Breed Of Customer
- Predictions for RPA in Financial Services in 2018
- Blockchain In The Context Of Enterprises
- How CIOs Can Ensure A Seat At The Strategy Table
- CIO's Five-Point RPA Planning Success Formula
- SpiderOak CEO Warns Of 10 Cybersecurity Threats For 2018
- What Millennials Want From Their Employers?
- Ness Appoints Vinay Rajadhyaksha To Drive Digital Business
- 70% Consumers Stop Following A Business After Data Breach: Study