BI to help Maharashtra Sales Tax Department control tax evasion
The department appoints Capgemini to implement a BI and Data Warehouse solution to help the department expand its existing taxpayer base and prevent revenue loss through tax evasion.
The Maharashtra Sales Tax Department (MSTD) has planned to implement a Business Intelligence (BI) and Data Warehouse solution.
The department selected Capgemini to implement the solution to enable the government body to analyze economic parameters to set targets for revenue collection. It will also help the department to expand its existing taxpayer base and prevent revenue loss through tax evasion.
“MSTD is today the highest revenue generating department for the Government of Maharashtra and administrates various sales acts accountability. With Capgemini’s help we want to further improve our capabilities in the interest of the State Government and the public at large,” said Sanjay Bhatia, Commissioner of Sales Tax.
Capgemini said that the solution will also provide decision support across divisions of the MSTD. These initiatives will result in significant optimization of resources, time and effort, thus bringing in considerable business benefits to the department.
MSTD contributes nearly Rs. 55, 000 crore, which is around two-thirds of the total revenue of the State Government and employs approximately 11, 000 personnel.
Salil Parekh, CEO, Application Services, North America, UK, and Asia Pacific and Global Financial Services, Capgemini said, “We have extensive experience in dealing with tax agencies throughout the world. Our global expertise coupled with India-centric innovation brings value to the MSTD and in turn to the Government of Maharashtra and business in the state.”
- Ten Trends Redefining Enterprise IT In 2018
- 5 Ways AI Can live Up To Its Promise In 2018
- Top 10 Tech Acquisitions In 2017 So Far
- Microsoft Brings AI Powered Update To Bing
- Why Cloud Adopters Need Visibility Into Their Network
- AI To Become A Job Motivator, Not Job Killer: Gartner
- Artificial Intelligence Transforming India's Education Sector
- Enterprise Networks: Things To Focus On In 2018
- Why 2018 Will Belong To Cloud, AI, Blockchain
- Governance, Risk and Compliance- Trends and Predictions