BI to help Maharashtra Sales Tax Department control tax evasion
The department appoints Capgemini to implement a BI and Data Warehouse solution to help the department expand its existing taxpayer base and prevent revenue loss through tax evasion.
The Maharashtra Sales Tax Department (MSTD) has planned to implement a Business Intelligence (BI) and Data Warehouse solution.
The department selected Capgemini to implement the solution to enable the government body to analyze economic parameters to set targets for revenue collection. It will also help the department to expand its existing taxpayer base and prevent revenue loss through tax evasion.
“MSTD is today the highest revenue generating department for the Government of Maharashtra and administrates various sales acts accountability. With Capgemini’s help we want to further improve our capabilities in the interest of the State Government and the public at large,” said Sanjay Bhatia, Commissioner of Sales Tax.
Capgemini said that the solution will also provide decision support across divisions of the MSTD. These initiatives will result in significant optimization of resources, time and effort, thus bringing in considerable business benefits to the department.
MSTD contributes nearly Rs. 55, 000 crore, which is around two-thirds of the total revenue of the State Government and employs approximately 11, 000 personnel.
Salil Parekh, CEO, Application Services, North America, UK, and Asia Pacific and Global Financial Services, Capgemini said, “We have extensive experience in dealing with tax agencies throughout the world. Our global expertise coupled with India-centric innovation brings value to the MSTD and in turn to the Government of Maharashtra and business in the state.”
- Know Before Getting Your Cloud Architecture In Shape
- CISOs Should Help In Building Digital Trust With Consumers, Says Study
- Here's Why The Voice-First Strategy Will Rule
- How AI-ML Are Fueling Video Editing Innovations
- Battling Cyber Risks With Intelligent Automation
- Smart Cities And Iot To Offer Big Business In India
- Demand For Data Scientists In India Up By Over 400 pc: Study
- Why Web-scale Is The Future Of Data Center
- GST Spurs Sales Of Accounting Software [Infographic]
- Firms That Offer Human-Like AI Experiences Can Win Customers: Study