BIG 92.7 FM Leverages IP Technology
BIG 92.7 FM, the flagship FM channel of Reliance-Adlabs, the JV of Anil Ambani’s Reliance Communications and Manmohan Shetty’s Adlabs, has plans to leverage IP technology and utilize it to expand and improve their presence in India.
The FM channel is a 24bit, 48 khz audio that can travel across the studio facility through a standard Ethernet switch than the one normally used for data (mail/internet/software application) in offices. According to sources, the advanced IP technology incorporated helps it to use Real Time Protocol (RTP) called ‘Livewire’. It is being sourced from a company called Axia Audio/Telos Systems.
Soumen Ghosh Chowdhary, head- Operations, BIG 92.7 FM, says, “In Livewire Technology, one CAT 6 cable can carry multiple (25 stereo) audio signals simultaneously, and we can use normal IT components like a switch, etc. to deliver audio to different studios.”
“The entire facility is fully configurable using a web browser and can be monitored using a network management centre. For example, we have our main broadcasting studio that we call the ‘ON-AIR’ studio and for some reason if it fails, software in the Station automatically switches on the ‘Back up studio’. It then acts as the ‘ON AIR’ studio. All these functions are handled automatically by the software,” added Chowdhary.
Other notable features of the technology encompass state of the art transmitters, reliability (MTBF >50Years), modular constructions, power efficient, HD ready (High Definition radio), studio: main consoles and accessories, IP based design, professional quality audio, future and network ready technology.
Presently, Big 92.7 FM has a presence in 6 cities- Mumbai, Delhi, Hyderabad, Bangalore, Chennai and Kolkata. In the coming week, it is planning to add 3 more centers. As of now, it is launching one center at Jammu and Aligarh and one at Srinagar in the next week. Cost of implementing IP solutions was not disclosed.
- Tele-Health To Bolster Home Healthcare Services
- How AI Is Fueling Customer Experience Strategies
- How Algorithms Are Revolutionizing Lending Business
- What's Stopping Banks From Embracing Latest Technologies?
- Fitness Technology To Redefine India's Healthcare Market
- Using Technology To Your Business Advantage
- Govts Exploring Blockchain To Boost Fintech Innovation
- Air Transport Sector Turning To Artificial Intelligence
- India's Insurance Sector Undergoing Massive Digital Disruption
- 5 Ways To Future-Proof IoT Devices