Big data can affect security risks in a generic M2M architecture
As we enter in to the next phase of M2M market development that is moving towards an Internet of Things (IoT) future, security requires a holistic approach. This is due to the huge increase in the number of machines and objects that communicate with humans and other machines/objects, each processing real-time (or near real-time) data. In such an M2M world, security must become a core component of an enterprise’s consideration when using M2M to achieve business objectives.
While, traditional M2M deployments have security solutions embedded within the network, in future scenarios, security risks could be magnified or prevalent because of the way M2M applications will be delivered.
Additionally, enterprise M2M deployments could potentially be connected to other systems to enable a true connected-society. The potential application of big data in such a setting will demand a well-defined risk analysis policy in terms of data security, trust, and privacy.
It is estimated that 50 billion connected devices by 2020 would create a truly “networked society,”. ICT industry participants, as well as standardization and international bodies, are already working towYiru Zhongards a viable and sustainable ICT framework for M2M progression. These workgroups will have to incorporate both the needs of enterprises and behavior of digital citizens in the next generation M2M and IoT scenarios. The outcomes will go a long way in helping ICT industry participants define future security considerations and propose solutions for the safe operation of a connected world.
- Weekly Rewind: Top 10 Stories On CXOToday (Oct 9-13)
- IoT Knowledge Gaps Exist In Consumer Product Industry
- Ericsson Sees 5G Readiness On The Rise
- There's No Stopping The IoT Growth; Here's Why
- Weekly Rewind: Top 10 Stories On CXOToday (Oct 2-6)
- SAP Leonardo To Help Indian Firms With Digital Transformation
- Enterprises See Gap In IoT-ERP Integration: Study
- OTT Gaining Momentum Due To Faster Internet
- 19 Milestones On Google's 19th Birthday
- Weekly Rewind: Top 10 Stories On CXO Today (Sep18-23)