Bihar to Deploy Smart Cards for NREGS
The NREGS is aimed at providing employment opportunities to the rural populace. The project to deploy smart cards and infrastructure management solutions in order to facilitate NREGS implementation has been granted to a consortium of companies including Smaarftech Technologies and a South Africa-based identity management solutions company.
The project will be on a build, operate, own and transfer basis and will be executed over a period of five years.
Anand Sarnaik of Glodyne Technoserve Ltd that owns Smaarftech Technologies said, “We are very pleased to have won the project under a scheme which is of national importance. We expect that this project will help Glodyne to tap further opportunities surrounding this project as well as leverage on the experience of this project in other parts of India and for other technology led e-Governance initiatives.”
- Govts Exploring Blockchain To Boost Fintech Innovation
- Smart India Stack Can Slash Operational Costs Upto 70 pc
- Office Automation Is The New Smart Investment
- IFA 2017: 'Smart' AI-Based Tech Take Center Stage
- DHL eCommerce Selects FarEye To Boost Brand Image
- 3 Technologies To Make 'Digital India' Dream Come True
- Dr Smartphone In The Era Of Remote Consultation
- Reimagining The Credit And Debit Card
- Banks Should Prop Up IT To Avoid GST Challenges
- Weekly Rewind: Top 10 Stories On CXOToday (Jun 12-16)