Bihar to Deploy Smart Cards for NREGS
The NREGS is aimed at providing employment opportunities to the rural populace. The project to deploy smart cards and infrastructure management solutions in order to facilitate NREGS implementation has been granted to a consortium of companies including Smaarftech Technologies and a South Africa-based identity management solutions company.
The project will be on a build, operate, own and transfer basis and will be executed over a period of five years.
Anand Sarnaik of Glodyne Technoserve Ltd that owns Smaarftech Technologies said, “We are very pleased to have won the project under a scheme which is of national importance. We expect that this project will help Glodyne to tap further opportunities surrounding this project as well as leverage on the experience of this project in other parts of India and for other technology led e-Governance initiatives.”
- Smart City Mission: Tier II-III Cities Take the Lead
- Here's Why The Voice-First Strategy Will Rule
- Smart Cities And Iot To Offer Big Business In India
- How Smart Cities Of The Future Can Get Smarter
- Smart Devices To Add Up To $685 Bn to Manufacturing Revenue By 2020: Study
- Smart Digital Media Marketing Without Losing Human Touch
- Home Is Where IoT Is: Life In A Smart House
- Smart City Mission Receives Impetus from Tech Giants
- Myntra Acquires Smart Wearables Firm Witworks
- Microsoft To Invest $5-Bn On IoT Globally; Bullish On India